How to recompile / make target

Are Barstad

Aug 24, 2023, 1:17:40 PM8/24/23
to Radioberry
Hello,
Can anyone help with recompiling?

I finally got my Radioberry to work with pihpsdr and a 7" 1024x600 touch screen. But everything is too small and I would like to change the resolution.

I understand I have to modify main.c with the text below with new parameters, but can't find the source code and don't know if I have the tools to recompile it. Is there an easy way of making changes to the source code and compile? Can I for instance do it on my Raspberry, in the terminal window?

#define MAX_DISPLAY_WIDTH 800
#define MAX_DISPLAY_HEIGHT 480

Best 73 - de Are - LB3SA

pa3gsb

Aug 25, 2023, 4:59:12 AM8/25/23
to Radioberry
Are,

Nice you are experimenting and willing to make your changes. That is one of the main reasons to start the radioberry; learning by doing.

Please look into the install script.

when you use this script with some small mods

sudo make install if [ ! -d "/home/pi/.pihpsdr" ]; then mkdir /home/pi/.pihpsdr fi cp release/pihpsdr/hpsdr.png /home/pi/.pihpsdr cd .. rm -rf pihpsdr

in the folder :cd /tmp/pihpsdryou will find the code.
do your changes and us the make command.
Have fun.
73 JohanPA3GSB

Tech Minds

Aug 25, 2023, 6:03:17 AM8/25/23
to Radioberry
I created an install script for personal use when I was testing with a 1366 x 768 screen, you're more than welcome to try it.

You can download the script to your pi, edit the script with your screen size (line 75 & 76), chmod the script and then run it in terminal window.

The script will download all dependencies and compile PiHPSDR with your screen size.

Matt

Are Barstad

Aug 25, 2023, 7:51:06 AM8/25/23
to Radioberry
Thanks a million, both. Will give it a try.
73 - Are LB3SA

Are Barstad

Aug 25, 2023, 10:24:41 AM8/25/23
to Radioberry
Worked like a charm! Made it 1280x720px. The screen i use also has two speakers behind it so I made VFO A left speaker and VFO B right speaker.
Happy days! Now on to TX/RX switch, 10W PA and filters.
BTW: the latest version from Ali Express uses the CL 016 FPGA.
DSC01794.jpg

Thiago Lima

Jun 24, 2024, 1:12:11 PM (5 days ago) Jun 24
to Radioberry

Does the software work well with ultrawide screens? 400x1280 resolution. Will the waterfall fill the entire screen? Will the controls still be visible? I wanted to use an ultrawide screen in my project but I wanted the software to fill the entire screen. Thanks

Thiago Lima

Jean-Claude Abauzit

Jun 24, 2024, 2:10:55 PM (5 days ago) Jun 24
to Radioberry
There is a new version 2.3 of PIHPSDR developped by DL1YCF. Apparently it works with RadioBerry and this version, since 2.2, supports dynamic resizing of the PIHPSDR window.
I have to try it when I have some time.