I2C Filter Board Control Question

rentwist

May 11, 2020, 1:48:47 AM5/11/20
to Radioberry
Hi Johan and Group,

I have a N2ADR LPF board from/used with the HL2 that I would like to use with the Radioberry (and a PA, TR switch, etc.).  The board uses a MCP 23006 I2C IO expander.  My question is does the current gateware support I2C filter board control over the SDA and SCL pins of CN301?

Thanks and 73,

Robert, WA2T

pa3gsb

May 11, 2020, 3:31:05 AM5/11/20
to Radioberry

Hi

No support for N2ADR board, but can easily be added.

In the filters.h there are already 2 different filter boards defined; Carl, VA2SAJ did also add an filterboard for his needs. The N2ADR can easily be added.

Be aware for now there are still 2 radioberry firmwares available...the firmware variant is the one which will survive...because the driver is linux version specific... still thinking how to get that in a release.

73 Johan
PA3GSB

rentwist

May 11, 2020, 8:49:38 AM5/11/20
to Radioberry
Thank you for your reply Johan.

I will look into taking the code for the N2ADR board from the HL2 code and see if I can manage to add it to filters.h.  Maybe this will be a good first project for me in FPGA coding, I find it to be very complicated and I have much to learn (pretty much everything!) about it.

Also, are there plans to add the iambic keyer back into the current gateware?  I think (not positive) that the older gateware had the keyer but it was lost when you went to the newer HL2 gateware?  I ask because I a predominantly a CW operator.

Thanks and 73,

Robert, WA2T

pa3gsb

May 12, 2020, 6:47:50 AM5/12/20
to Radioberry
The gateware is verilog as HDL but the filters can be programmed in good old C language.... as less steep learning curve.

Iambic will be on again; for sure!

Johan
PA3GSB

rentwist

May 12, 2020, 6:25:17 PM5/12/20
to Radioberry
Thank you Johan!

rent...@comcast.net

Jan 17, 2022, 10:16:01 AMJan 17
to Radioberry
Hi Johan,

Just curious if the Radioberry  N2ADR or iambic keyer support/situation has changed since this thread?  I am looking over a search for N2ADR on the forum and do not see anything recent.

Thanks and 73,

Robert, WA2T

rent...@comcast.net

Jan 17, 2022, 10:18:21 AMJan 17
to Radioberry
I do see something more recent in that the terminal window reports on whether or not an N2ADR board was found connected to the Radioberry, this sounds like support!  Am I correct?

Thanks.

rent...@comcast.net

Jan 17, 2022, 11:14:13 AMJan 17
to Radioberry
Hi again Johan,

Looks like you answered my N2ADR question in another thread (Jim was asking me and I was not sure), thank you.

I also want to say that when I last played with the Radioberry (with Rpi4) that the keyer was working?  My memory is fuzzy on that.

Today, I will try the Radioberry with the Juice B2 boards I just built.

73,

Robert, WA2T

rent...@comcast.net

Jan 17, 2022, 11:41:43 AMJan 17
to Radioberry
Never mind!  It's right there in the IO as well!  Keyer dot and keyer dash.  Thanks.