Radioberry Beta4

Ravi Miranda

Apr 16, 2021, 12:56:30 PM4/16/21
to Radioberry
Hi,
The PCB Beta4 may need a slight modification to remove the short that
crept in during the FAB process. Maybe JLCPCB might not be able to
process the PCB in its current state others might be able to.

I have just completed the board after cutting the trace between the
pins 53 and 69 and soldering a short wire instead.

In Beta 5 could the Kicad footprints that use the hand solder version
be used instead? That would make it easier to solder for some?

Also, I have been thinking about the heat management options for the
ICs. After putting a tiny heatsink and keeping the whole assembly in
the open, the temperature shown on the screen is around 65deg C. Is
this normal? the entire PCB was very hot to the touch and the
Raspberry Pi board was also very warm.

What is everyone using for cooling?

Also, the install script does not work thanks to the raspberry pi
distro version having been changed. Anyway, the workaround for the
kernel does help a lot but requires self discovery.
Maybe some documentation in the wiki might be useful.

As a last thought, would a side-by-side plugin module version be
better instead of a cape?

I'm looking to operationalise this with actual controls. What are others using?

Thank you Johan for the chance to experiment. :-) I was able to listen
to a radio station today.

Best 73

Ravi/M0RVI

--
I'm here to add more value to the world than I'm using up.