bitrate jitter

Paulh002

Jul 28, 2023, 10:48:56 AM7/28/23
to Radioberry
Hi,

I am curious if other people also experience a high bitrate jitter when running the radioberry in 384 Khz samplerate. I am using an old radioberry which was bought from aliexpress, so I am not sure if the oscillator is a high quality tcxo. But the tcxo is closely positioned to the ad converter which can get quite hot, so this can also be an issue, like with the pluto. But it also can be an software issue in my code.

73 Paul
PA0PHH

pa3gsb

Jul 28, 2023, 11:42:35 AM7/28/23
to Radioberry
Paul,

Running at the edge with 384K

Be sure only one channel is used (powersdr is by default running with 2 channels)

For higher bandwith the juice board is beter : https://www.pa3gsb.nl/2021/05/31/radioberry-juice/

73 Johan

Paulh002

Jul 28, 2023, 12:00:01 PM7/28/23
to pa3gsb, Radioberry
Hi Johan,
Long time no see.
I run my own sdr software on the pi, which works now quite well now even does FT8 and FT4. But did not use the radioberry for a long time. So i swapped out my SDR (a tayloe based one) for the radioberry but noticed a lot of variation in the bit rate.
When I load the older gateware it seems better. I try to use small buffer sizes about 8k but increasing to 32 K gave me still a lot of buffer underruns.
I will do some more test.

Thanks,
Paul