Trouble during RPI4 migration

martin...@gmail.com

Dec 9, 2020, 1:27:27 PM12/9/20
to Radioberry
Hello Johan,

I have decided to change RPI3B to newest one with 4 GB ram.

After first run, I have crazy behaviour and I do not know whats happend, please see attached picture.

Futhermore, you have written about 4 receivers capability, but I have just two.

My configuration is with CL025.

Do you have any idea, What am I doing wrong?

Thank for help and 73
Martin OK2MTW

IMG_20201209_191525.jpg

pa3gsb

Dec 9, 2020, 2:36:39 PM12/9/20
to Radioberry
Hey Martin

In the header the v0.0 is visible.... seems that the gateware is not loaded.

especially the check section.

Hope this helps

73 Johan
PA3GSB

martin...@gmail.com

Dec 9, 2020, 3:06:50 PM12/9/20
to Radioberry

I have seen whole section of configuration many time and checking was done (see a picture and log below).

Martin

sudo radioberry

Radioberry V2.0  RPI-4 version

Supports 4 receivers and 1 transmitter.

Build version: rpi-4-2020-12-05

Have fune Johan PA3GSB

Report bugs to <pa3...@gmail.com>.
Radioberry gateware version 72-4.
Radioberry firmware initialisation succesfully executed.
No alex or generic filters interface board connected to radioberry
Radioberry, Starting packet rx part.
Radioberry, Starting packet control part.
Radioberry, Starting packet tx part.

Discovery packet received
SDR Program IP-address 127.0.0.1
Discovery Port 35081
Discovery packet received
SDR Program IP-address 192.168.1.8
Discovery Port 44623
           Receivers= 00000002 (         2)
Start Port 33442
SDR Program sends UDP Start command

Dne středa 9. prosince 2020 v 20:36:39 UTC+1 uživatel pa3gsb napsal:
modinfo_radioberry.PNG
radioberry.png

Radioberry

Dec 9, 2020, 3:40:44 PM12/9/20
to Radioberry
Martin

Gateware is in the latest pictures loaded.

Do you have IO settings in pihpsdr?

73 Johan
PA3GSB

martin...@gmail.com

Dec 9, 2020, 3:58:55 PM12/9/20
to Radioberry
I have disabled all IO options. And completly new and clear instalation by wiki.

Martin

martin...@gmail.com

Dec 10, 2020, 1:01:23 AM12/10/20
to Radioberry
Hello Johan,

I made a few attemps and I attach 3 logs and a picture.
1st step, I checked a status after normal restart (see status and manual run.txt)
2nd step, I run sudo pihpsdr by a terminal, no version was detected (see term_log_sudo_pihpsdr.txt)
3rd step, I stop a service and run radioberry manualy via terminal (see status and manual run.txt)
4th step, again I run sudo pihpsdr by a terminal, version was detected (7.2, see term_log_sudo_pihpsdr_manual_radioberry.txt), but behavirour is same like before (see picture)

all for steps are repetable.

Thanks
Martin OK2MTW

Dne středa 9. prosince 2020 v 21:58:55 UTC+1 uživatel martin...@gmail.com napsal:
status and manual run.txt
term_log_sudo_pihpsdr.txt
term_log_sudo_pihpsdr_manual_radioberry.txt
PIHPSDR_TO_Log.PNG

pa3gsb

Dec 10, 2020, 2:57:04 AM12/10/20
to Radioberry
Hi Martin

Tnx for detailed information; this is really helpfull.

I do see that your timing of tx is not ok!

Your radioberry worked running the RPI-3. The questions is also in full duplex mode?

Because i think you missed the following:

HARDWARE MODIFICATION:
To make use of the new FIR filters which are working on double clock, reducing some FPGA resources a small hardware mod is required.
An additonal clock on pin 53 of the FPGA must be provided by connecting this to pin 69 of the FPGA (connected to the CLKOUT1 of the AD9866).
Using this clock a FPGA PLL circuit can be used to produce the right clock! (required for the beta 2, 3 PCB, i will include the change in beta 4)

Please first confirm that this jumper between 53-69 of FPGA is there?

Pleasse switch also of the SPI in raspiconfig (need to update this on the wiki) .

With the above in place and no working radio we need do dig furher...

Hope this helps

73 Johan
PA3GSB

martin...@gmail.com

Dec 10, 2020, 3:24:54 AM12/10/20
to Radioberry
Hi Johan,

yes I confirm, that I soldered interconnection between pin 53-69 on my relese 3 pcb.

And yes I switch off SPI setting, I followed your conversation probrably with Tokio. However currently I have no possibility to check clocking by scope, but I hope I will be soon.

Please, do you have any description about right clocking per pin and step by step.

Tnx Martin OK2MTW

martin...@gmail.com

Dec 10, 2020, 6:49:30 AM12/10/20
to Radioberry

Hello again,
I have checked again 53-69 interconnection and compare it with Tokio's photo and I found my mistake. I had 53-70 inteconnection, so I hope that it didnt damage something.
For a moment I am not able to test it, but during the evening I test it and give you feedback.

Martin OK2MTW

martin...@gmail.com

Dec 10, 2020, 11:28:44 AM12/10/20
to Radioberry
Hello Johan, the problem solved, I made mistake with pins, how I mentiond before. Now it is working great, like before with a year old version or or definitely beter :-)

Thanks and be safe
73 Martin OK2MTW

pa3gsb

Dec 10, 2020, 12:23:21 PM12/10/20
to Radioberry
Martin

Very nice that your radioberry is working on a RPI-4.

You have been lucky... pin 70 is a vcc pin....

Also for you stay safe and enjoy the radio hobby.

73 Johan
PA3GSB

martin...@gmail.com

Dec 10, 2020, 2:01:50 PM12/10/20
to Radioberry
One more question, what's a condition for 4 receivers?  Pihpsdr and any terminal log have show me only 2 RX.

Martin OK2MTW

pa3gsb

Dec 10, 2020, 2:05:50 PM12/10/20
to Radioberry
 Sparksdr is a great application. i have used in on a w10 machine running 4 channels and decoding.

Also possible to run at your rpi.

Quisk can do the same.

73 Johan
PA3GSB