Radioberry doesn't work after reboot.

Dan Habecker

Jan 8, 2024, 9:41:37 PMJan 8
to Radioberry
I have everything working fine with DL1YCF's version of piHPSDR.  But, after a reboot it no longer recogizes the Radioberry driver.  If I repeat the last two steps of install ( sudo chmod +x radioberry_install.sh  ./radioberry_install.sh ) everything works fine again until I restart the Pi or reboot.

What am I missing to make this stay working after a reboot/restart?

73,
Dan W9EQ

pa3gsb

Jan 9, 2024, 10:21:46 AMJan 9
to Radioberry
Dan,

I think you are using the bookworm  linux distro (kernel 6.10 also called bookworm) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debian_version_history

i have seen a report: https://github.com/pa3gsb/Radioberry-2.x/issues/42  which is same as you report with the solution.

If it is not loaded see:

first stop the service and than load manual the driver; this must help.

Seems that the /boot/config.txt is not update during install ; maybe you can confirm that the radioberry is not added: like dtoverlay=radioberry

I have not had the time to fix this; maybe there is someone on the list who has a good fix with can be provided by a pull request.

73 Johan
PA3GSB

Steve Goyette

Jan 9, 2024, 10:32:50 AMJan 9
to Radioberry
I had a similar problem and it was becasue I needed to add radioberry to /etc/modules like so:

# /etc/modules: kernel modules to load at boot time.
#
# This file contains the names of kernel modules that should be loaded
# at boot time, one per line. Lines beginning with "#" are ignored.
# Parameters can be specified after the module name.

i2c-dev
radioberry

Without this it wouldn't load the module and I had to re-install to get the device to show.

Dan Habecker

Jan 9, 2024, 8:25:23 PMJan 9
to Radioberry
Adding radioberry to /ect/modules did the trick.  Thanks much.

73,
Dan W9EQ