Radioberry Blackboard (Aliexpress) no TX

Peter

Jan 18, 2022, 2:08:43 PM1/18/22
to Radioberry
Hello guys.

I just received a black Radioberry from Aliexpress and testing in on a Rpi4 2GB RAM
Running latest Firmware and  latest Sdr-Console

Receive works fine but when i hit TX no output power at all, i have tested all modes and settings, full drive and AM should show something and even 2 Tone test but nothing out.

I have seen another post here about bad soldering so i have reflowed  the AD9866
looked over all components ,  the FPGA circuit soldering looked fine.

Nothing helped so i wonder if someone have had the same issue ?

When i hit TX in SDR-Console i can measure PTT activate out on Radioberry so I know that the SDR-Console enter TX mode.

I suppose the next step is to replace the AD9866 i saw that Digikey had  a couple of then still in stock, this chip is on last time buy i think.

Is there any other SDR program (windows) that can control Radioberry to test with other than SDR-Console ?

73
Peter / SM6NTR

Fl Pohl

Jan 18, 2022, 2:33:09 PM1/18/22
to Radioberry
Hi Peter,

 Yes, here we go

Spark SDR and  Powersdr Openhdsdr mRX

73

Flavio VE2ZFP

Fl Pohl

Jan 18, 2022, 2:40:23 PM1/18/22
to Radioberry
Me again,

Forgot to tell you that SDRconsole is picky about the sound card, if it doesn't recognize it
it wont tell you, even if the RX is OK. I used it with the onboard sound card for sometime, the day I pressed the PTT
nothing happened, using a cheap 2 dollar Chinese USB sound card for TX solved the problem.
The same sound card that didn't work wit sdrconsele works with Powersdr.

I hope it helps

Peter

Jan 18, 2022, 3:10:22 PM1/18/22
to Radioberry
Hi Flavio
Just tested Spark SDR and putted out FM or AM  on 3.6 MHz and full drive the Radioberry  putted out RF around +16dBm (not calibrated) on my spectrum analyzer so TX works but not on SDR-Console apparently, strange
maybe talk to Simon or check his forum.

But that was good anyway i know now that the TX works.

I will check SDR-Console more and i can post here results

73´s Peter

Jim Reagan

Jan 18, 2022, 9:49:52 PM1/18/22
to Radioberry
I had the same issue with my (new) black Radioberry.  It had no output with SDR-console but worked with Quisk.
Your mileage may vary,
Jim W0CHL

Peter

Jan 19, 2022, 2:06:41 PM1/19/22
to Radioberry
Hello again guys
I had a support from Simon for SDR-Console and  my microphone that was connected to widows was denied by windows, I normally use a external mixer for all sounds in/out to windows so for some reason microphone was disabled.

And SDR-Console does not work in TX mode if microphone is not connected properly, you should se audio in the input spectrum, when i had changed this all TX
functionality was enabled in SDR-Console and worked.

So Flavio had right about SDR-Console is picky with soundcard,  and now we know that MIC in is the important stuff,
Simon said that he is going add this info to the manual.

best 73
SM6NTR / Peter