Heatsink on your Radioberry ??

esk...@gmail.com

Mar 20, 2022, 2:07:46 PM3/20/22
to Radioberry
Hi all

my qustion is " Do you put any heatsink on your Radiberry board ??? or your RPI-4 ??"

73" oz1ct Ben

Kristofer Danner

Mar 20, 2022, 11:03:31 PM3/20/22
to Radioberry
Both are going to need heatsinks.

KD

David Nessl

Mar 24, 2022, 11:50:23 PM3/24/22
to Radioberry
Yes, they both need heatsinks (3 on the Pi, 2 on the RB).  I also added fans.  I use an open case, i.e. plexiglass top and bottom with threaded spacers at the corners (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B074T7D1V5/).  I ended up using a "fan hat" GPIO extender board (like https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B09MVL8BWQ/) to cool the Pi -- The extender fan board is inserted between the Pi board and the RB hat.  My RB (purchased recently via Aliexpress) came with a heatsink that has an integrated fan, but you could just as easily drill out some holes in the case top and mount a fan there.

David W1DRN