FT8 decoding using Radioberry.

pa3gsb

Dec 24, 2020, 2:50:58 PM12/24/20
to Radioberry
Hi All,

Maybe a nice experiment during Chrismas Holidays.

Having 8 or 6 receivers for FT8 decoding using your radioberry .

Use the readme file

Lets see who is joining in the pskreporter:

Have fun.,

Johan
PA3GSB

softerh...@gmail.com

Dec 24, 2020, 3:33:05 PM12/24/20
to Radioberry
Hi Johan,

This is a very nice setup. I am impressed that you can fit 8 4kHz receivers in a single FPGA. I could only fit 5, maybe due to the added overheads of ethernet on the HL2. Did you have to make any changes to fit 8?

Also, did you increase the decode depth to 3 in ft8d? In case you haven't done this, all you need to do is change ndepth to 3 in ft8d.f90 and rebuild. Pavel kept the decode depth at 1 so that it could run on the embedded A9 ARM in the Zynq, but I think the RPi should be able to handle 3. I did see more spots when increasing the depth to 3.

73,

Steve
kf7o

pa3gsb

Dec 24, 2020, 3:58:13 PM12/24/20
to Radioberry
Hi Steve,

I have done only one modification... in the fifos.v i had to do the following:   assign wr_tready = (wr_tlength > 11'd1007) ? 1'b0: 1'b1; It is all running on your code base... solid ground so to say!

search for some time what went wrong... when running 8 receivers the sequence of samples went out of order;  i did not want to check this in without discussing with you.... iam thinking of making a copy for radioberry and leave your code unchanged or make the check dependent on the actual running receiver slices.

I have changed the depth to 3, good to mention to get more spots!

Real nice solution!

73 Johan
PA3GSB

Radioberry

Jan 24, 2021, 11:16:55 AM1/24/21
to Radioberry

Hi All,

Not much time for the radio hobby this weekend... decided to start the ft8 decoder... nice results during 24 hrs of decoding; running 8 band decoder using the radioberry.

Very good performing of such small radio!

25K reports... with a small loop on the attic.

73 Johan
PA3GSB

25k ft8-1.JPG

Op donderdag 24 december 2020 om 21:58:13 UTC+1 schreef pa3gsb:
Message has been deleted