Pin 13 PTT problem.

Fl Pohl

Jan 17, 2022, 5:02:46 PM1/17/22
to Radioberry
Hi,

When I ground pin 13 it activates my linear using pin 3 but the software does not recognize
it's in TX mode, If I speak on the mic nothing goes out. Using the PTT on both Linhpsdr and Powersdr mRX I'm able to transmit
without problems.
thanks

VE2ZFP

pa3gsb

Jan 18, 2022, 11:02:27 AM1/18/22
to Radioberry
Hi

In the latest firmware the intention was to read the ptt status from gateware and returning this to the firmware which would use P1 to inform the SDR program to swith to tx.

Are you using the latest version.?. what kind of setup are you using to make use of the ptt @radioberry?

Need to test/check ; are others using this ?

73 Johan
PA3GSB

Fl Pohl

Jan 18, 2022, 2:28:05 PM1/18/22
to Radioberry
Hi Johan,

I think it is, 73.2 0.93 2021.09.26 CL025.
If it's too complicated, never mind, I have managed to use  Powersdr's serial PTT with very low latency, the problem is
Linhpsdr  does not have that option, I want to use it on my Linux laptop.
One more thing I forgot to mention, when I ground pin 13, the software mutes RX audio, but no transmission.

Thanks

Flavio

Yado-san

Jan 22, 2022, 11:25:12 AM1/22/22
to Radioberry
Hi Group,

I'v checked the operation of the external PTT.
The external PTT did not work. I did not pay attention to it recently..
So, when did the PTT stop working!?

However, there seems to be no problem with the board.
PTT=P13 > FPGA 121pin = io_phone_ring > (debounse) > ext_ptt > resp[7:0] > spi_slave > (SPI-0) > RPi4

anyone else unable to transmit with external PTT?
Note that the PTT is working on radioberry-Juice.

Tnx,
Yado-san, jg1twp

2022年1月19日水曜日 4:28:05 UTC+9 fpohl...@hotmail.com:
RPi4_Radioberry-2.png

Radioberry

Jan 24, 2022, 2:54:41 PM1/24/22
to Radioberry
Yado-san and others,

Problem solved. You are again able to use the external ptt of the radioberry io.

 Please install the latest dev using the release.

73 Johan
PA3GSB

Yado-san

Jan 25, 2022, 10:41:24 AM1/25/22
to Radioberry
Hi Johan,

Thank you for support! PTT is working!

------
Actually, when I first installed today, the PTT still didn't work.
and I thought it was strange that the KEY was OK but the PTT didn't work.

So I swapped the PTT and KEY in the chattering prevention circuit in control.v..

> debounce de_phone_tip(.clean_pb(ext_cwkey), .pb(~io_phone_tip), .clk(clk), .msec_pulse(msec_pulse));
> debounce de_phone_ring(.clean_pb(clean_ring), .pb(~io_phone_ring), .clk(clk), .msec_pulse(msec_pulse));
> assign ext_ptt = clean_ring;

swapped the PTT(io_phone_ring) and KEY(io_phone_tip)
 -> As a result, the PTT worked and the KEY did not work.

Oops! this means external PTT not connect to FPGA input pin... sorry!
Tonight timeup.. i will check my board later.

Tnx.
Yado-san, jg1twp

2022年1月25日火曜日 4:54:41 UTC+9 Radioberry: