A progress report and observation

Peter Hiltz

Jan 2, 2022, 6:09:17 PMJan 2
to Radioberry
All,

I'm having great fun with my radioberry and so am trying things to see what my options on accessories might be.

First step was to swap the USB speakers plugged into the RPi4 to a USB sound dongle so as to get a microphone input.  That is where it got interesting.  Doing that, even with the machine completely powered off before touching hardware, killed something in the gateware. I had to go through the gateware compile and installation routine again (yes, it gave errors but still worked) each swap to get the device working. The symptom was no input from the radioberry.

Any insight to make this more robust would be welcome, of course.

Happy New Year.

Pete, WV3S