installation with RPI4 64b

Remi echange

Apr 5, 2022, 5:30:57 PM4/5/22
to Radioberry
Hello. First of all : many thank's to all contributors for this beautiful transceiver.
I'm trying to install radioberry on SBC RPI4.:
First I Build a SD card , with this OS : https://www.raspberrypi.com/software/operating-systems/#raspberry-pi-os-64-bit Release date: January 28th 2022 System: 64-bit Kernel version: 5.10Debian version: 11 (bullseye) Size: 1,135MB

I use this script for radioberry installation

During installation I see this error message. And I'm not able to start radioberry at the end.

Please, could you tel me where is my mistake?

2022-04-05_22-59.png

Brad Jeffries

Apr 5, 2022, 7:27:09 PM4/5/22
to Radioberry
I observed the same behavior after I did an update I think its something with the new kernel.  If you comment out this line in the install script by putting the hashtag in front.
# sudo rm -rf Radioberry-2.x
Then run the script again it won't delete the clone of the repo.   Then go down into
/tmp/Radioberry-2.x/SBC/rpi-4/devcice_driver/
in the file Radioberry.c comment out line 359 with //    then go run the install scrip again in /tmp this is a workaround that got me going again.

Remi echange

Apr 6, 2022, 7:49:04 AM4/6/22
to Radioberry
I try  to comment the line 359 : it solve the error compilation around module. But I keep the error around pointer : maybe 64b os?
TO be C ...
73

Brad Jeffries

Apr 6, 2022, 12:51:26 PM4/6/22
to Radioberry
OK I don't think I had that pointer error.  I am running 64b version also though.

Radioberry

Apr 6, 2022, 1:00:24 PM4/6/22
to Radioberry
it is not your mistake i assume; some time ago i did use the 64 bit version.

need to investigate why the compiler is giving the error... which version of gcc are you running.

I do not have much time to dive into the issue.... if you are able to solve the issue a pull request is always welcome.

73 Johan
PA3GSB

David Nessl

Apr 6, 2022, 1:28:30 PM4/6/22
to Radioberry
This is not specific to a 64-bit kernel.  The cause is that the kernel macro MODULE_SUPPORTED_DEVICE was removed from the linux kernel.  The developer has fixed it in the repo.  See the forum post