Tried to make Radioberry-juice

Yado-san

Oct 10, 2023, 7:29:38 AM10/10/23
to Radioberry
Hi Groupe,

I've tried to make Radioberry-juice using the FT2232 learning board. :)

It can be made with a cheap FT2232 module and simple wiring work.
Install SDR software (SparkSDR, Thetis, etc.) on Windows-PC, and Connect via USB cable.
Raspberry Pi4 and its setup are not needed.

> FT2232HL Learning Board
  https://www.aliexpress.us/item/1005002448969402.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.5.7365585aRxNslL&gatewayAdapt=4itemAdapt

< Setup Instructions >

1. The FT2232HL board uses an eeprom to configure the FT2232H chip.
  The setup steps are described in more detail on the document p.3-6 bellow.
  https://github.com/pa3gsb/Radioberry-2.x/blob/master/juice/releases/dev/beta2/setup radioberry juice beta 2 (windows).pdf
  "FT_Prog" here
  https://ftdichip.com/utilities/

2. Install the SDR-program
 SparkSDR 2.0.33: https://www.sparksdr.com/downloads
 Thetis 2.9.0.8: https://github.com/mi0bot/OpenHPSDR-Thetis/releases/tag/v2.9.0.8
         first need to install the latest release of Thetis (x86 or x64 version)
         as it sets up things like skins and support for the new meter functionality.
         https://github.com/ramdor/Thetis/releases/tag/v2.9.0.8
         -> for more detail: https://groups.google.com/g/hermes-lite/c/P1jkmABEZo8

3. Start the radio.
 1) executed "radioberry-juice.exe"
 2) executed SDR-program

    radioberry-juice.exe is here ( for 10CL025 6rx, 1tx )
      https://github.com/pa3gsb/Radioberry-2.x/tree/master/juice/releases/dev/beta2/windows/
    radioberry-juice016.exe is here ( for 10CL016 3rx, 1tx )
      https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1A1_AjV6KExT7A0Rb0Z2hKj1kPkQMb8i_
              firmwear_Juice016.zip  -->  excuted "radioberry-juice016.exe"

73 Yado-san
jg1twp

Juice_FT2232Hl_board.png
Juice_Beta2_with_FT2232HL_Learning_Moule_IF.pdf

pa3gsb

Oct 11, 2023, 10:49:50 AM10/11/23
to Radioberry
Hi Yado-san

Nice to see how you where able to connect the radioberry via the usb to a computer and running it all together.
I have done almost the same exercise when developing the juice board.

Today we reached :

500.PNG

I do not know how much people do like to connect their radioberry to a juice board? in stead of running it at a RPI.

For those who do like some background knowledge of the juice board: http://www.pa3gsb.nl/2021/05/31/radioberry-juice/

Maybe we can organize a group buy.? if people are interested.

Have fun with your radio hobby.

73 Johan
PA3GSB

Dean

Oct 11, 2023, 11:03:01 AM10/11/23
to pa3gsb, Radioberry
Hi All

I thought I would post a picture of my Radioberry board, it can be used standalone or with SDR console, Thetis, Zeus radio.
I'm going to give the juice a go I've sent of for the juice board.

73 Dean G0UIL

IMG20231011155619.jpg

Dave M0WID

Oct 11, 2023, 6:08:03 PM10/11/23
to Radioberry
I for one would be interested in a group buy of the juice board providing costs delivered to the UK worked out OK.

I have had building one in the project to do list for some time now, still not got to the top.

73

Dave M0WID

Steven McDougall

Oct 11, 2023, 6:23:14 PM10/11/23
to Dave M0WID, Radioberry
Nice , thanks for these instructions,.I will look into this for a future task. I personally at this moment in time have a Raspberry Pi 4 with the latest Radioberry from China I guess. I am therefore stuck in RX only mode until someone decides to make available a matching filtered/RF sensing PA available, if any of you decide to make something suitable, please let me know.

Yado-san

Oct 13, 2023, 9:20:07 PM10/13/23
to Radioberry
Hi Johan,

Today, Active Radios : 504 great!

Radioberry boards made in China are now available online, but they are still expensive.
If Radioberry-juice and preamp boards could be purchased as a group buy, there would be many users.

I have restarted my Juice experiments because I was able to get CL025 FPGA, which I had broken 2 years ago.

and I noticed that the PA temperature and bias current are not displayed when the preamp board is connected to the juice.
Attached is a connection for the juice with i2c wiring added.

Tnx Yado-san, jg1twp
juice_wiring.png

JuiceB2_SparkSDR_adc_ok.png
2023年10月12日木曜日 7:23:14 UTC+9 clydeba...@gmail.com:

Yado-san

Oct 13, 2023, 9:23:18 PM10/13/23
to Radioberry
Hi Dean,

RD16HHF1 PowerAmp wonderful.  :)
Are the TRL1,2,3 sections LPF? and What are you using for PA_Q1?

Tnx Yado-san, jg1twp

2023年10月14日土曜日 10:20:07 UTC+9 Yado-san:

pa3gsb

Oct 14, 2023, 7:14:35 AM10/14/23
to Radioberry
Yado-san,

Nice work.

Yep the price of a radioberry is much too high.

I prefer spending time in developing and learning not in selling and doing administration tasks....

iam looking forward to the raspberry pi 5 ; having a pcie interface; getting a high bandwidth and free IO ports; may be the start of a radioberry 3.0

Have fun

73 Johan
PA3GSB

Paulh002

Oct 14, 2023, 8:29:12 AM10/14/23
to pa3gsb, Yado-san, Radioberry
I was thinking of the same idea, is it possible to drop the FPGA and connect the ADC/DAC directly to the GPIO of the pi5.
The new IO chip has a PCIe link to the CPU. I did some testing on the PI4 using DMA but the speed was limited, because the DMA copied to the normal ram and not in cache.
But it seems it is possible to DMA direct in L2 Cache but did not see anyone doing that.
Would be nice to do all the SDR stuff in software.
I even updated the Kicad PCB design and removed the FPGA and connected the ADC/DAC directly.
No wait for the Pi5 :)

@Yado-san the setup looks great!

73,
Paul

pa3gsb

Oct 14, 2023, 9:46:39 AM10/14/23
to Radioberry
Hi All,

Here some info:

Enjoy

73 Johan

Steven McDougall

Oct 15, 2023, 3:01:51 AM10/15/23
to pa3gsb, Radioberry
Thanks for all the information regarding the Radioberry-juice and how to make one from the development board posted. It's all alot clearer now and I have ordered one to follow along , I got caught up with building the RFbitBang Transciever, I have also ordered a whole stack of low pass filters, filter relay board and 10W PA from QRP Labs, I understand that I will still need a driver amp for this and some other stuff to communicate with the relays , anyway I am enthusiastic about this but may need to bug you all should I have any questions

Yado-san

Oct 15, 2023, 9:43:58 AM10/15/23
to Radioberry
Hi ,

For the LPF relay control, I copied the circuit of the "Hermes Lite2 N2ADR". (I used a TD62783APG to turn the relay on/off on the +12V side.)
https://github.com/softerhardware/Hermes-Lite2/blob/master/hardware/companions/n2adr/n2adr.pdf

Juice_N2ADR-IF.png

The LPF board can probably use the "Hermes Lite 2 N2ADR board" without modification.
A relay control circuit is also included. It also includes a RF power (FWD/REV) detection circuit.
https://www.makerfabs.com/hermes-lite-2-n2adr.html

and...
Raspberry Pi5 is going on release this month!
 RPi5 – $60 (4GB variant): Quad-core Cortex-A76 @2.4GHz , include PCIe 2.0 x1 interface for fast peripherals.
I'm looking forward to the evolution of Radioberry. :)

73 Yado-san, jg1twp

2023年10月15日日曜日 16:01:51 UTC+9 clydeba...@gmail.com:

pa3gsb

Oct 19, 2023, 1:57:30 AM10/19/23
to Radioberry
@Paul and others,

I found some good info about DMA.

Have fun reading.

73 Johan
PA3GSB

Paulh002

Oct 19, 2023, 4:19:41 AM10/19/23
to Radioberry
Thanks, you can also check this example code for DMA

https://github.com/hzeller/rpi-gpio-dma-demo

Steven McDougall

Oct 19, 2023, 5:48:21 AM10/19/23
to Radioberry
I just pre-ordered a Pi 5 so I can follow along with any future Radioberry stuff , I will still be happily hacking away at the TX side on the Pi 4 and with Juice on dev board when it arrives.

A heads up for those who like a good read , the Revised Edition of Digital Signal Processing and Software Defined Radio, Theory and Construction of the T41-EP Software Defined Transceiver, V12 boards info in a few weeks via HTTPS://groups.io/g/SoftwareControlledHamRadio
I wish Radioberry was on Groups.io , much easier to navigate and find information

Just keep me in mind for any future berry related boards , I will happily to contribute towards the costs.

Cheers
Stevie 2M0UFO

Paulh002

Oct 19, 2023, 12:03:19 PM10/19/23
to Steven McDougall, Radioberry
The book is a good introduction to SDR, I made a PCB for the QSE and QSD for the raspberry pi and a SoapySDR driver for it. I use it with a hifiberry ADC-DAC pro audio card.
Works very well, I use the same software as for the radioberry.   You can find it in the links below:

For the radioberry I use the SoapyRadioberrySDR (demo on youtube)

Op do 19 okt 2023 om 11:48 schreef Steven McDougall <clydeba...@gmail.com>:
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Radioberry" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/radioberry/CAL%3DtPp%3DDyVoG6VjMG7z3u6K%2B3tnKMMX-FcnOEf24OuiX70bYxA%40mail.gmail.com.

Steven McDougall

Oct 19, 2023, 12:09:03 PM10/19/23
to Paulh002, Radioberry
Awesome, thanks for the info! Paul , I just got 5 PCBs made for VU2DLE's  Radioberry controller, I will go watch your video now

Cheers
Stevie 2M0UFO

G4ZAL

Oct 21, 2023, 7:02:20 AM10/21/23
to Radioberry
I got an FT2232HL learning board in the post yesterday, wired it up, loaded the xml file and it worked first time (Rx only for now).
Quick test with Quisk, Thetis and SparkSDR seems OK.
My thanks to Yoda-san for sharing.

One point to note is the FT2232 board pinout does not exactly fit normal 0.1in/2.54mm spacing ACROSS the board width as mine is approx 1mm out to align precisely on stripboard/veroboard (lengthwise the spacing is OK).
It didn't matter too much on the board I used as the through holes are quite large and allowed the headers to fit almost upright.

The LED's on the board are bright enough to nearly blind you!

IMG_0492s.jpg

The wiring is a bit ugly, but it works ;-)

IMG_0495s.jpg

Nigel
G4ZAL

G4ZAL

Oct 22, 2023, 11:36:59 AM10/22/23
to Radioberry
I guess this is for Johan...

I am considering running my radioberry+FT2232/juice in openwebrx.
What is required to build the juice driver on a raspberry-pi?
I'm guessing the 'driver' to load the gateware and simulate the ethernet connection to openwebrx and it would then run under a Hermes-Lite profile?

I tried make(ing) from the github juice/firmware, but the r-pi throws errors complaining it cannot find -lftdxx

All help appreciated.

Nigel
G4ZAL

pa3gsb

Oct 22, 2023, 12:37:08 PM10/22/23
to Radioberry
Hi Nigel,

For linux the setup is not worked out very precise but this will do it:

Having 6 RX slices (if you use the CL025 FPGA) will be nice with openwebrx; if you have setup is done; i like to navigate to your radio; let me know, looking forward.

73 Johan
PA3GSB

G4ZAL

Oct 22, 2023, 2:12:00 PM10/22/23
to Radioberry
Hi Johan,

I have followed the linked instructions and think it went OK after downloading the latest FTDI Linux drivers from their website and ammending the commands to suit the newer version.

I have made a directory in the R-pi in my home dir and called it 'firmware' and renamed the linux-Makefile to Makefile (copied from here:

When I run 'make' in the firmware directory, it throws this error... (complaing that the "symbols file format is not recognised")

nigel@openwebrx:~/downloads/firmware $ make
rm -f version.o
gcc -o radioberry-juice radioberry.o gateware.o stream.o register.o  -lrt -lm -lpthread -lftd2xx
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libftd2xx.a: error adding symbols: file format not recognized
make: *** [Makefile:37: radioberry-juice] Error 1

How to proceed?

I am absolutely not great in Linux ;-)

Nigel

G4ZAL

Oct 22, 2023, 2:27:15 PM10/22/23
to Radioberry
Amendment to last post...

Latest Linux D2XX driver I used (for ARMv8)

My juice runs fine in Windows and I have had 6 Rx slices running solidly skimming 6 bands FT8

Would like to run it on R-pi4 & openwebrx and can make it publicly available if successful...

Nigel

G4ZAL

Oct 22, 2023, 3:15:54 PM10/22/23
to Radioberry
Further progress.

DO NOT download the ARMv8 drivers - they are for 64bit - we need 32bit (ARMv7) it now works a bit better...

nigel@openwebrx:~/downloads/firmware $ make
rm -f version.o
gcc -o radioberry-juice radioberry.o gateware.o stream.o register.o  -lrt -lm -lpthread -lftd2xx

I can now make the app, BUT (there's always a but), it won't run the radioberry-juice app file created by make, error is...

root@openwebrx:/home/nigel/downloads/firmware# ./radioberry-juice
./radioberry-juice: error while loading shared libraries: libftd2xx.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The libftd2xx.so is in the directory /usr/local/lib and correctly linked as per setup guide (with corrected version number) and even sudo doesn't help in trying to run the radioberry-juice file.

Feels like swimming against the tide :-(
Any help apreciated.

Nigel

pa3gsb

Oct 22, 2023, 4:08:54 PM10/22/23
to Radioberry
Nigel

seems you missed an sudo ldconfig.

After the initial developement we were running on 32 bits OS now also 64 bit and different types of linux distros....

Coming days iam not available and not able to help.

73 Johan
PA3GSB

G4ZAL

Oct 22, 2023, 4:15:11 PM10/22/23
to Radioberry
Hi Johan,

I have radioberry-juice it running OK now, followed the readme in the downloaded FTDI files and followed them as it was easier with correct version numbers etc.
Pretty sure it was "ldconfig -v" that made the difference.

Now to fight with OWRX ;-)

All good fun ! (NOT)

Nigel

G4ZAL

Oct 23, 2023, 11:51:07 AM10/23/23
to Radioberry
Got a bit further today with openWRX, close, but but no cigar.

OWRX runs, but no audio, waterfall etc (the rb-juice is configured to work with the HPSDR connector over IP)
Stopping OWRX service and just running radioberry-juice as a service and then from my Windows PC running SparkSDR, sparkSDR 'sees' the radioberry-juce as connected to the r-pi.
Starting SparkSDR, I get the same result, it connects, but no audio/waterfall.
Running radioberry-juice manually and watching it over PuTTY, this is what I see...

pi@openwebrx:/usr/local/bin $ sudo ./radioberry-juice

                        Radioberry V2.0

        Supports 6 receivers and 1 transmitter.

        Build version: L-J-2021-08-01

        Have fun Johan PA3GSB

        Report requests or bugs to <pa3...@gmail.com>.
Init device for loading gateware...
Init device succeeded for loading gateware.
Init FPGA gateware upload...
FPGA ready to receive gateware.
FPGA gateware upload...
FPGA gateware size: 335337
Actual size: 8048088
Activate FPGA gateware after upload...
FPGA gateware activated.
Radioberry gateware loaded taking 0.9 seconds.
Init device for iq stream handling...
Init device succeeded for iq streaming using FT245 protocol.
Radioberry, Starting packet tx part.
Your Radioberry is registered: http://www.pa3gsb.nl/radioberry/api/read.php
ds stream time not complete; only 1024 bytes sent
ds stream time not complete; only 0 bytes sent
Radioberry, Starting packet rx part.
Discovery packet received
SDR Program IP-address 192.168.1.247
Discovery Port 64464
Received packages not for me!
Discovery packet received
SDR Program IP-address 192.168.1.247
Discovery Port 64463
ds stream time not complete; only 0 bytes sent
ds stream time not complete; only 0 bytes sent
ds stream time not complete; only 0 bytes sent
ds stream time not complete; only 0 bytes sent
ds stream time not complete; only 0 bytes sent
ds stream time not complete; only 0 bytes sent
ds stream time not complete; only 0 bytes sent
ds stream time not complete; only 0 bytes sent
ds stream time not complete; only 0 bytes sent
ds stream time not complete; only 0 bytes sent
Start Port 64467
SDR Program sends UDP Start command
ds stream time not complete; only 0 bytes sent

It seems that on Linux/r-pi4, the rb-juice is not streaming?

When the rb-juice is connected to Windows over USB, it runs fine and I have tested OWRX with the rb-juice connected to my Win PC and 'pointing' OWRX connector to my Win PC's IP, everything works fine, DOS box print below.
                        Radioberry V2.0

        Supports 6 receivers and 1 transmitter.

        Build version: W-J-2021-08-01

        Have fun Johan PA3GSB

        Report requests or bugs to <pa3...@gmail.com>.
Init device for loading gateware...
Init device succeeded for loading gateware.
Init FPGA gateware upload...
FPGA ready to receive gateware.
FPGA gateware upload...
FPGA gateware size: 377034
Actual size: 9048816
Activate FPGA gateware after upload...
FPGA gateware activated.
Radioberry gateware loaded taking 2.6 seconds.
Init device for iq stream handling...
Init device succeeded for iq streaming using FT245 protocol.
Radioberry, Starting packet tx part.
Radioberry, Starting packet rx part.
Discovery packet received
SDR Program IP-address 192.168.1.238
Discovery Port 1024
SDR Program sends Stop command
SDR Program sends UDP Stop command
Start Port 34745
SDR Program sends UDP Start command

There appears to be something wrong with the way the rb-juice works in Linux/rp4

This is way above my pay grade now - I'm retired BTW so don't get pay :-)

Nigel
G4ZAL

Yado-san

Oct 23, 2023, 11:44:29 PM10/23/23
to Radioberry
Hi Nigel,

The rb-juice works are wonderful :)

Is the juice-gateware(radioberry.rbf) different between Windows and RPi4?

>$ sudo ./radioberry-juice
> FPGA gateware upload...
> FPGA gateware size: 335337
> Actual size: 8048088

>Win PC DOS box print.
> FPGA gateware upload...
> FPGA gateware size: 377034
> Actual size: 9048816

If you copy the gateware used in Windows to RPi4, it may work.

Hope this helps.
Yado-san, jg1twp

2023年10月24日火曜日 0:51:07 UTC+9 G4ZAL:

G4ZAL

Oct 24, 2023, 11:19:41 AM10/24/23
to Radioberry
Hi Yoda-san,

I copied the Windows radioberry.rbf to the r-pi4 and it does run now ;-)
However, OWRX still does not work with it.
The error I get is that port 1024 is already in use?

Running rb-juice on the r-pi and stopping OWRX service, SparkSDR on my Win PC can now connect to the r-pi/rb-juice and works fine, so a step forward at least.

I think this is now for the developers of openhpsdr connector & OWRX ?

I have to put it to one side for now and will maybe pick it up again at the weekend...

Nigel
G4ZAL

Yado-san

Oct 24, 2023, 7:18:36 PM10/24/23
to Radioberry
Hi Nigel,

Certainly using port 1024 in RB-juice.
I have never used OpenWebRX, but I searched and it seems to work with HL2.
Then it should work with Radioberry..

OWRX sounds fun :)
Yado-san, jg1twp

2023年10月25日水曜日 0:19:41 UTC+9 Radioberry:

pa3gsb

Oct 26, 2023, 7:22:23 AM10/26/23
to Radioberry
Hi All,

I have looked into the connector code; Jim the maker is using also port 1024 for discovering.

I have created an issue:

The issue contains some reasoning.

Hopefully he is willing to make the change.

73 Johan
PA3GSB

G4ZAL

Oct 26, 2023, 1:22:00 PM10/26/23
to Radioberry
Hi Johan,

Thanks for raising the issue.
I also made a post on the HL2 forum where Jim is active

I have today tested several configurations but it is absolutley the port 1024 bind issue that is preventing OWRX and RB-juice from working on the same computer.
If I set the RB-juice up on anther R-Pi to only run the radioberry-juice program and OWRX on a different R-Pi4, it connects and runs fine.

The R-Pi4 cannot keep up with more than 4 RX's at the same time and the CPU hits 100% (96kHz bandwidth).
I am looking at running on an 'old' mini PC with intel i5/8GB RAM/SSD and Gb ethernet if Jim can make a fix for the hpsdrconnector.

With just the juice on a R-Pi and SparkSDR on my Win10 PC I can run 6 RX's skimming FT8/WSPR with no problem :-)

Until there is a fix, my OWRX project will be on hold.

73
Nigel
G4ZAL

G4ZAL

Oct 28, 2023, 5:01:49 PM10/28/23
to Radioberry
Hi all,

Jim made a change to the hpsdrconnector for OWRX.
I grabbed the deb package from his github and installed it in my R-Pi 4.
Happy to report in now finds and runs my rb-juice board with 127.0.0.1 configured in each OWRX profile for the IP address.

Will test more over the next days...

Nigel
G4ZAL

Yado-san

Oct 29, 2023, 8:03:06 AM10/29/23
to Radioberry

Tnx Info.
I tried OpenWebRX with my Radioberry-juice and RPi4.
OWRX worked and very interesting. I was able to receive it on my phone :)
However, I still do not understand how OWRX works :(

phone1.png
phone2.png

Using the following:
 https://www.openwebrx.de/download/rpi.php
 2023-10-11-OpenWebRX-full.zip
 https://github.com/jancona/hpsdrconnector/releases/tag/v0.6.3
 hpsdrconnector_0.6.3_armhf.deb

yado-san, jg1twp
2023年10月29日日曜日 6:01:49 UTC+9 G4ZAL:

pa3gsb

Oct 29, 2023, 9:35:55 AM10/29/23
to Radioberry
Hi All,

I did start owrx without juice; running rb2.0 @RPI-4 is working fine.

sudo curl -sSL https://get.docker.com | sh
sudo docker volume create openwebrx-settings

docker pull jketterl/openwebrx-hpsdr:latest-armv7l

sudo docker run --network host -p 8073:8073 --tmpfs=/tmp/openwebrx -v openwebrx-settings:/var/lib/openwebrx jketterl/openwebrx:latest-armv7l

73 Johan
PA3GSB

G4ZAL

Oct 29, 2023, 12:10:56 PM10/29/23
to Radioberry
Hi Yado-san,

Google out openwebrx as there are some good tutorials out there including youtube.
My personal interest is to set up a web SDR at a remote/rural location so that anyone can 'tune in' and listen to what is being heard at that location.
A web SDR is useful to listen to your own station, especailly to check on propagation and see if your signal is reaching a particular part of the world.

There are many OWRX you can tune in to...

Nigel
G4ZAL

Yado-san

Oct 29, 2023, 8:24:48 PM10/29/23
to Radioberry
Hi Nigel, Johan,

Thanks for more info.
It is hard to try new challenges, but I like it.
I will do more research on OpenWebRX and Docker.

It's interesting that we can receive Ham radios and broadcasts as if we were in another country :)
I also receive FT8 every day using Radioberry FT8 Decoder and upload it to PSK Repoter to check on propagation.

Yado-san, jg1twp

2023年10月30日月曜日 1:10:56 UTC+9 G4ZAL:

G4ZAL

Oct 30, 2023, 5:48:13 PM10/30/23
to Radioberry
Hi all,

Jim Ancona has released another update to the openhpsdr-connector and I have downloaded and installed the latest 0.6.5 armhf deb package and installed it and can now get 6 simultaneous rx's running at 192kHz with my 'juice' board.
Jim improved the high CPU use and now with 6 users connected it only uses ~50-60% CPU on my R-Pi4 (SSB only tests - no FT8 etc decoding which pushes the CPU high anyway).

I cannot get radioberry-juice to run as a service as it does not seem to find the radioberry.rbf which is installed in /usr/local/bin  as is the radioberry-juice file.
I can only get it to run by running it manually...
cd /usr/local/bin and then ./radioberry-juice

Also when I first compiled it, it did not copy the files from my home directory to /usr/local/bin as in the makefile, so I had to manually copy the files.

Nigel
G4ZAL

Ramsin

Feb 4, 2024, 2:20:12 PMFeb 4
to Radioberry
Hello All,

Could someone give me the dimensions of the FT2232HL board? I'm trying to make an adapter that'll fit between it and the RB hat, with breakouts for i2c and power (including resistors). This is based on Yado-san's work and modification of this board.
Screenshot 2024-02-04 at 12.42.02 PM.png

Yado-san

Feb 10, 2024, 5:58:57 AMFeb 10
to Radioberry
Hi,

It seems that there are versions of the FT2232HL board with slightly different dimensions.
The dimensions of my board with ESD protection purchased from AliExpress are attached.
-> The measurement error is about 0.1 mm.

for reference.
Yado-san, jg1twp

FT2322HL learning board3.png

2024年2月5日月曜日 4:20:12 UTC+9 Ramsin:

Ramsin

Feb 10, 2024, 1:34:05 PMFeb 10
to Radioberry
Hello Yado-san,

Thanks for the reply. I ended up getting my FT2232hl board in and it is the same as the one you have. I just had another question however.

In the Pin-to-Pin diagram you have here, Data 3 & Data 4 from the FT2232HL side go to pins 38 and 36 (respectively) on the Radioberry side. However, in the Radioberry Schematic (beta 2) in the github repo, Data 3 & Data 4 from the FT2232HL side go to pins 27 & 28 (respectively) on the Radioberry side, I'm curious about the difference.

Yado-san

Feb 10, 2024, 6:38:00 PMFeb 10
to Radioberry
Hi Ramsin,

Yes, there has been a correction to the latest beta 2 board.

Tnx,
Yado-san, jg1twp

2024年2月11日日曜日 3:34:05 UTC+9 Ramsin:

Ramsin

Feb 10, 2024, 6:42:44 PMFeb 10
to Radioberry
Thank you Yado-san, I'm glad I caught it before they started making the adapter boards. I just hope they'll let me submit a new Gerber file. I appreciate the help!

G4ZAL

May 26, 2024, 8:36:36 AMMay 26
to Radioberry
Hello Ramsin,

Did you ever make your FT2232 adapter board?
If you did and it works OK, are the gerbers available?

Regards,
Nigel
G4ZAL

ramsi...@gmail.com

May 26, 2024, 11:54:12 AMMay 26
to G4ZAL, Radioberry
I did, however I never got around to actually testing it as I've been busy building a touchscreen controller for an mrf101 amplifier. But I can test it today and see how it does and get back to you. Once I confirm out works, I'll upload the Gerber and kicad files. I'm not too familiar with GitHub so I'll skip that part.

On May 26, 2024, at 7:36 AM, G4ZAL <devon...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Ramsin,

G4ZAL

May 26, 2024, 5:32:31 PMMay 26
to Radioberry
That would be great.
No desperate rush as I'm like you, always something on the workbench !

Nigel,
G4ZAL

Ramsin

May 28, 2024, 4:29:13 PMMay 28
to Radioberry
Apologies for the delay, I got it soldered up today and quickly tried to test it with no luck...it recognizes it and all, but...well, here's the output.

Note: I will admit, that I had the radioberry plugged into the FT2232HL board *before* uploading the template to it...soooo, there's that.

[...]

SDR Program IP-address 192.168.56.1
Discovery Port 50625

Received packages not for me!
Discovery packet received
SDR Program IP-address 192.168.0.10
Discovery Port 50626

Received packages not for me!
Discovery packet received
SDR Program IP-address 127.0.0.1
Discovery Port 50627

Received packages not for me!
Discovery packet received
SDR Program IP-address 192.168.56.1
Discovery Port 50624

ds stream time not complete; only 0 bytes sent
ds stream time not complete; only 0 bytes sent
ds stream time not complete; only 0 bytes sent
ds stream time not complete; only 0 bytes sent
ds stream time not complete; only 0 bytes sent
ds stream time not complete; only 0 bytes sent
ds stream time not complete; only 0 bytes sent
ds stream time not complete; only 0 bytes sent
ds stream time not complete; only 0 bytes sent
ds stream time not complete; only 0 bytes sent
Start Port 50631

SDR Program sends UDP Start command

Yado-san

May 30, 2024, 12:27:11 PMMay 30
to Radioberry
Hi Ramsin,

In my experience,
The same message also appears when running CL025 Juice on a Radioberry CL016 board.
or the same message if the RD# signal is not connected.

If DATA0 or CLOCKOUT was disconnected, the message 'us stream read not complete' is displayed.

Yado-san, jg1twp

2024年5月29日水曜日 5:29:13 UTC+9 Ramsin:

Ramsin

May 30, 2024, 9:44:42 PMMay 30
to Radioberry
Yado-San,

Thank you for reminding me that I used the wrong resistor...instead of the 27Ω, I used a 1kΩ (as it was the only one I was quickly able to find in my haste to get it all together)...I will replace the resistor and try it again. But all in all, I believe it will work...hopefully this weekend I'll have it up and running properly.