Display screen + controls

Ravi Miranda

Dec 25, 2020, 10:36:44 AM12/25/20
to Radioberry
Hi,

Merry Christmas
I'm working towards getting the components for the Radioberry. The PCB
has arrived and some components are in the process of being ordered.

Thank you for the great project, which I intend to start in early January.

I'm sure that this must have some up before as thoughts or ideas, but,
could this be extended to any specific display screen and controls say
the 3.2 TFT SPI 240x320 display or any other display.

Would this kind of modification require pins to be taken for this display?

I'm sorry if this has come up before, but if people have already
worked on this, would they be open to sharing this?

Thank you for your time.

Best 73,

Ravi/M0RVI

--
I'm here to add more value to the world than I'm using up.

Radioberry

Dec 25, 2020, 3:54:40 PM12/25/20
to Radioberry

Hi Ravi

The following links gives all the pins and the usage for the radioberry:

if your screen does need the SPI bus ? this is not possible because the RB uses the SPI !

Hope this helps

73 Johan
PA3GSB

Ujjwal John

Dec 27, 2020, 11:08:10 PM12/27/20
to Radioberry
Hi Ravi
240x320 resolution would be too low for anything useful if you are planning to use Radioberry Standalone like mcHF as me.  I am using a 1024x600 7 inch HDMI display and still feel a higher resolution would have been better while using JTDX.
If not HDMI or SPI , you can use the original DSI port display for RPI.

73’s and Happy New Year
Ujjwal

Ujjwal

Ravi Miranda

Dec 30, 2020, 9:55:00 AM12/30/20
to Ujjwal John, Radioberry
Hi John,

Thank you for your email, I have been looking around.

Would this work?
https://www.buydisplay.com/5-inch-tft-lcd-module-800x480-display-controller-i2c-serial-spi

Kind regards,

Ravi/M0RVI