Spud's Books

D.J.J. Ring, Jr.

Jul 1, 2024, 5:17:36 PM (6 days ago) Jul 1
to Joan Roscoe, Radio Officers Google Group
Hello Joan,

Yes, UIT ( Union Internationale des Télécommunications) is French for ITU  (International Telecommunication Union).

Those are the books I need.

In addition to the ITU books, did Spud have a set (or sets) of the British Admiralty "Admiralty List of Radio Signals"?

This came in SIX Volumes but some volumes were split in two parts

The old years looked like this one from 1937 which is currently on eBay.com and is in much better shape than the ITU official version I have from 1932.

Here's one from 1993, the only volume I own. I have part 1 and part 2.

Here's an ITU list from October 1953, it only lists the call signs not the name and details of the shore stations like the earlier books did.

I'm thinking that I'll ask the radio-officers email list and the 6,000 member radio-officers Facebook group to contribute to a "go fund me" with you as the receiving as I know because of how much money Spud put into his publication of his three books - which are masterpieces of radio history.  As you probably know, I published a review of Spud's book in the very last issue of "CQ Amateur Radio", October 2023. (Attached on page 14 of the PDF a picture of page 31 of the magazine. )

I'm going to find out if there's a company in Canada that does digital preservation of books and what they charge per page. There's companies in USA that do that, but that means posting the heavy books to USA.

If that doesn't work out I will ask Paul Dusmenil to make the 90 minute trip from Windsor, NS to Halifax, NS and pack them and ship them to me.

Cheers,

David J Ring Jr N1EA

On Mon, Jul 1, 2024, 3:10 PM Joan Roscoe <jros...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi David,
I hope this is what you were looking for.
Cheers,  Joan

Sent from my iPad
alrs1937.jpg