MCW from coast stations

Glenn VK4DU

May 18, 2022, 5:59:15 PM5/18/22
to Radio Officers Google Group

All Australian Coast Stations used MCW on MF.

I always used MCW on MF, from both the main and em tx.

73

Glenn

spud roscoe

May 18, 2022, 6:14:45 PM5/18/22
to radio-o...@googlegroups.com

All Canadian Coast Stations used MCW on MF from Nautel Transmitters built here in Nova Scotia. One chap working at Collins had heard them and was trying to MCW his 80-meter ham station to sound just like them. Hi! Illegal but what the hell, what isn’t?

73

Spud VE1BC

Sent from Mail for Windows

--
OUR FACEBOOK PAGE:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/707451009311335/

Have your R/O friends join the group by visiting https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/radio-officers and requesting membership. We'd love to have them.

D.J.J. Ring, Jr.

May 18, 2022, 6:18:51 PM5/18/22
to Radio Officers Google Group
Spud,

Last I looked at the Canadian Amateur radio regulations, A2 was permitted anywhere as was A3 emissions.

When I saw that I wanted to run MCW during the Society of Wireless Pioneers weekly net.

73

DR

spud roscoe

May 18, 2022, 6:33:22 PM5/18/22
to radio-o...@googlegroups.com

Hi DR:

I did not check our regs. I just went by what the guy at Collins had said. I forget his call but probably a W9. Anyway, have fun!

Spud

Sent from Mail for Windows

Richard Dillman

May 18, 2022, 6:55:39 PM5/18/22
to Radio Officers
On Wed, May 18, 2022 at 3:18 PM D.J.J. Ring, Jr. <n1...@arrl.net> wrote:

Spud,

Last I looked at the Canadian Amateur radio regulations, A2 was permitted anywhere as was A3 emissions.

When I saw that I wanted to run MCW during the Society of Wireless Pioneers weekly net.

73

DR

Both KPH and KSM are authorized for A2 on 500kc.  Sadly, our MF transmitter is not capable of A2.

RD

Richard Dillman
Maritime Radio Historical Society