80th anniversary of D-Day = Merchant Marine

D.J.J. Ring, Jr.

Jun 6, 2024, 8:55:16 PMJun 6
to Radio Officers Google Group
80th anniversary of D-Day = Merchant Marine

NORMANDY, FRANCE – On 5 June 2024, the American Merchant Marine Veterans unveiled a long overdue monument to the U.S. Merchant Marine on Utah Beach. The new monument, near the Lone Sailor monument and the Higgins Boat monument, honors the valor and sacrifice of U.S. Merchant Mariners whose actions supported military operations on D-Day that took place 80 years ago on 6 June 1944. USA Warrior Stories is currently working on a documentary about the brave me and their sacrifices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYslgDiyMeg

D.J.J. Ring, Jr.

Jun 6, 2024, 8:56:00 PMJun 6
to Radio Officers Google Group
image.png

Stanley Blumenthal

Jun 8, 2024, 11:45:13 AMJun 8
to radio-o...@googlegroups.com
David
I printed the important MM picture to show my kids and others - Thanks

Stan

--
OUR FACEBOOK PAGE:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/707451009311335/

Have your R/O friends join the group by visiting https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/radio-officers and requesting membership. We'd love to have them.

Frank A

Jun 8, 2024, 12:12:57 PMJun 8
to radio-o...@googlegroups.com
OORAH! Long overdue. My father served in the Pacific at that time (He later joined the MM after retiring from the USCG.), but I Never forget those who served and made the ultimate sacrifice, no matter which theater or war.

73 and Semper fidelis,
Frank
GySgt, USMC

D.J.J. Ring, Jr.

Jun 8, 2024, 4:28:02 PMJun 8
to Radio Officers Google Group
Your welcome.

Please send messages for me directly to me and NOT to the email list, hundreds of people are receiving these emails.

I'm sending this to the email list to show people that I instructed you in this.

73

DR