Looking at the whole picture

using

May 26, 2022, 8:38:19 PM5/26/22
to radio-o...@googlegroups.com
---------- Forwarded message ----------
I had previously agreed with all of you that Bill Steinberg ran ARA like a Dictator HOWEVER what is left out is
did he sell out to the shipowners? Did he and his son negotiate good contracts, high pay, pensions,
vacations, medical plan, etc? GMDSS did get me out of the Radio Room but the Steinbergs got me into the
engine room and not walking down the gangway for the last time. Think, think, think, did any of you stay in
ARA, are any getting pensions? I heard no talk of keeping ARA alive, only that GMDSS was a killer so you
may as well divy up the treasury and walk off the ships as what happened to most all the ships in the world.
Meanwhile my pension which I am still getting allowed me to take a shot at being a Congressman and save
the country from outsourcing including the Merchant Marine and building a Rust Belt.

Stanley

May 26, 2022, 8:44:32 PM5/26/22
to radio-o...@googlegroups.com
The beautiful picture didn't come through.

By the way, Stanley, do you know what happened to the half million dollars that one of the members left to try to keep our jobs?

That's a lot of money, these men in the photo went to Washington, DC to demand answers, do they know where the money went?

I'm all for keeping jobs, but I'm for accountability too.

73
DR

[...]

rae.jpg
I will be forever grateful to Rae and the above defenders of union democracy and people who take a stand against the racketeers that were so common in organized unions.  They may have lost their court case, but Captain Tim Brown won his and it started a "clean out" of the corruption in the maritime unions.

73

DR

using

May 26, 2022, 9:16:12 PM5/26/22
to n1...@arrl.net, radio-o...@googlegroups.com
D.R.
Sorry, I don't know everything, do you know what happened to it?
Maybe it was spent legitimately?

Stan