Dr. James Stigler Colloquium on Teaching Math Available Online

Philip Del Vecchio

Oct 12, 2009, 6:56:51 PM10/12/09
to radic...@googlegroups.com, Paul Thomas
We recently had the good fortune to host Dr. James Stigler (UCLA) for a
colloquium on what psychology has taught us about teaching mathematics.
You may already know of Dr. Stigler's research on teaching mathematics
and science across different cultures, but it was fun having him on
campus. He has graciously let us add his talk to the free online
offerings on our website, so anyone who would like to see Dr. Stigler
talk about his studies is invited to check out the site:
< http://www.cgu.edu/pages/5313.asp >

Feel free to view the talk, send comments, etc. If you're teaching and
find this useful for a class, we would love to hear about it!

Anyone interested in the full video library with dozens of other talks
by prominent psychologists and other figures can visit:
< http://www.cgu.edu/pages/4435.asp >

Enjoy!

Philip D. Del Vecchio III, M.A.
Claremont Graduate University