Factors of Conflict and Conditions of Peace - an essay by Saral Sarkar

Saral Sarkar

Jun 18, 2024, 3:29:16 PMJun 18
to Radical Eco. Democr. list (India), Erwin Albers, Ludwig Hoerner, Heide Huber, Zenke, Helga u. Jürgen, Hans-Jürgen Kleine

18.06.2024

Dear friends,

Please allow me to draw your attention to my latest publication, a long essay on the question of conflict and peace. It has been published by BoD - Books-on-Demand, Norderstedt (Germany), under the title:

    Factors of Conflict and Conditions of Peace – an Essay

It is already available as a printed book. In about two weeks’ time, it will also be available as an E-book.

With best wishes

Saral Sarkar

The text on the back cover reads as follows:

There has hardly ever been a long period of world history without wars and violent conflicts, of one or another kind, in one or another region, between larger or smaller groups of human beings, as well as fights between individuals.

    At the same time, the vast majority of ordinary people of the world have always desired to spend their life in peace. But they have always failed to prevent occasional outbreaks of wars and other kinds of conflicts. Also Sarkar, who came to West Germany in early 1982, at a time when the country was abuzz with the Peace Movement, witnessed the general failure of the same. He feels compelled to ask Why? We too.

    In order to understand that, we need to delve deep into several aspects of the human condition, and identify those that have become in the course of history of our species factors of conflict. Basing himself on the research of scholars in various fields, Sarkar has done that in the present essay. He has concluded it with his thoughts on the conditions of peace

The chapter headings are as follows:

Ch. 1: Introduction: Aggression, Violence and War among Homo Sapiens

Ch. 2: Scarcity, Limits to Growth, Limits to Resources

Ch. 3: Quasi Species of Homo Sapiens

Ch. 4: A Jungle of Collective Identities

Ch. 5: Conclusions