Social ecology July intensive: "People Get Ready: Climate Crisis to Social Revolution"

1 view

Brian Tokar

Jun 3, 2024, 9:20:05 AMJun 3
to System Change not Climate Change, 350VT.org, radical_ecolog...@googlegroups.com, c...@lists.riseup.net, dcjact...@googlegroups.com, ECOREV, ISE discussion list

      On Jun 1, 2024, at 2:28 PM, ISE News <newsl...@social-ecology.org> wrote:

Friends of the ISE,

Our 2024 social ecology summer intensive course is fast approaching - we are just over a month out! This year's theme is People Get Ready: Climate Crisis to Social Revolution. The unifying thread running through the entire program concerns how we prepare for coming moments of rupture and disaster, so that we can not only survive climate catastrophe but transform society in the process. We'll be engaged in direct action training, organizing skill-building for creating neighborhood organizations, analyzing the climate crisis through a lens of anti-capitalism and anti-statism, and discussing what our movements must be doing to steel ourselves for whatever comes this November in the United States.

Dates: July 5 - July 11, 2024

Location: Lookout Arts Quarry, outside Bellingham, WA

Register here.

For this year's program, we'll be camping out together at a gloriously beautiful festival grounds in Skagit County in northwest Washington State. The setting is rustic (tents, an outdoor kitchen, porta-potties, pump handwashing stations, and an outdoor shower), but participants are also welcome to arrange a place of their own to stay in town if you prefer. We'll also have a swimming hole in the old quarry and a wood-fired sauna available for those interested.

We hope you can join us!

Sign up today!

 ~ The Institute for Social Ecology

Institute for Social Ecology