Fwd: Mother Pelican ~ February 2023

1 view

Luis Gutierrez

Feb 1, 2023, 4:09:54 PM2/1/23
to radical_ecolog...@googlegroups.com
FYI

Sincerely,
Luis

Luis T. Gutiérrez
Mother Pelican Journal

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Luis Gutierrez <the.pel...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Feb 1, 2023 at 12:00 AM
Subject: Mother Pelican ~ February 2023
To: solidarity-sustainability group <solidarity-s...@googlegroups.com>

Mother Pelican ~ February 2023
ARTICLES

Shaping a Wise Hierarchy of Needs
Barbara Williams

The Enemy’s Ring and Our Ethical Quandary
Alice Loyd

Four Hard Questions: Size, Scale, Scope, Speed
Robert Jensen & Wes Jackson

Climate, Culture, and the Need for a New Enlightenment
Aaron Karp

Avoid The Reset Button ~ The Great Responsibility of Free Will
Carlos Cuellar Brown

Move Over, Green Chemistry: How to Stop the Greenwashing
Farid Pourkhatai

Why Does Humanity Still Tolerate the Tragedy of Wars in the 21st Century? The Big Picture
Rodrigue Tremblay

Why Understanding Limits Is the Key to Humanity's Future
Richard Heinberg

Fusion Energy: A Different Take
Gary Gardner

The Uncertain Future of Industrial Process Heat: A Mirror for Our Energy Challenges
Kurt Cobb

2023: Expect a Financial Crash Followed by Major Energy-related Changes
Gail Tverberg

A Philosopher's Letter to President Putin: On Greatness
Freya Mathews

Economics for Peace and Justice
Carmine Gorga

Agroecology – A Promising Alternative to the Biodiversity Crisis in Agriculture and Industrial Food Systems
Colin Anderson et al

Ukraine War is Killing Wildlife
Catherine Early

Children Born Today Will See Literally Thousands of Animals Disappear in Their Lifetime, as Global Food Webs Collapse
Corey Bradshaw & Giovanni Strona

The Democracy Deficit: What Does a Global Decline in Freedom Portend for Climate and Sustainability Agendas?
Lynsi Burton

Don't Reduce Your Footprint!
Mathis Wackernagel

8 Billion People: What Population Growth Means for Climate
Anthony Signorelli

Reflections on Dynamics of Strategy in Degrowth
Susan Paulson

The Dilemma of Economic Growth
Jan Bruck

Fukushima's Toxic Dumping Flashpoint
Robert Hunziker

The "End of the World" in Biblical Tradition
John J. Collins

Patriarchy in the Anthropocene ~ Links to Emerging Research
Luis T. Gutiérrez

Human development in harmony with nature is the existential challenge of our time. The mission of this journal is to foster integral human development in an integral ecology.

You are invited to submit comments, suggestions, and articles for publication. Deadline is the 15th of the month to be considered for the following month.

Sincerely,
Luis

Luis T. Gutiérrez
Mother Pelican Journal