New International Economic Order!?

1 view

Christian Stalberg

Jan 22, 2023, 12:00:59 PM1/22/23
to Discussion list about emerging world social movement, radical_ecolog...@googlegroups.com

I’m curious if anyone on the list here has a viewpoint or opinion about the NIEO conference in Havana this week. This is a follow up meeting to the prior meeting in NYC ( see recording at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwhNhRmVEJM ).

More specifically: Do people see it as a waste of time? The first 50 years of NIEO did not yield much benefit, if any, if I am to understand it correctly. Why would its reconstitution now be any different? (I’m being devil’s advocate here and provocative)

Thank you!

__

Christian Stalberg

Doctoral Student

Anthropology & Social Change

CIIS, San Francisco, CA

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.” – Edmund Burke

Go to where the silence is and say something.” – Amy Goodman

"I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change. I am changing the things I cannot accept." - Angela Davis

What is it that we can do that addresses whatever the problem is, rather than what it is that we’re trying to get somebody else to do.” – Alice Lynd

It’s better to die for an idea that is going to live than to live for an idea that is going to die.” – Steve Biko

“We live in capitalism, its power seems inescapable – but so did the divine right of kings.” - Ursula K. Le Guin