The Sacred Ecology of Ahimsa

Ashish Kothari

Jan 30, 2023, 12:02:37 AM1/30/23
to Vikalp Sangam elist, Coalition for EJ in India, KV Full, Radical Ecological Democracy list, Tarun Saint

Friends, on the 75th commemoration of the assassination of Mohandas Gandhi, this essay may be of interest. Sadly, the quietly resolute Gandhian Kishore Saint, the first author, passed away before this could be published - but we are glad to be able to bring it out in his memory.

(friendly caution: it's long!)

THe other articles in this issue may also be of interest,

ashish

Ashish Kothari

Kalpavriksh

Apt 5 Shree Datta Krupa

908 Deccan Gymkhana

Pune 411004, India

Tel: 91-20-25654239; 91-20-25675450

https://ashishkothari.in

Kalpavriksh

Vikalp Sangam

Radical Ecological Democracy

Global Tapestry of Alternatives

https://ashishkothari51.blogspot.com

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram Facebook

Dear Reader,

The Sacred Ecology of Ahimsa
What relevance does Gandhi have for our times of climate change, biodiversity loss and environmental destruction, and last but not least, the COVID pandemic? Kishore Saint, Ashish Kothari, Aseem Shrivastava find out.

Once upon a time in Ayodhya
Reminiscences, a kavita and tri-lingual calligraphy by H. Masud Taj.

Insurgency: Art and the Artist in Indian Freedom Struggle. Pooja Sancheti reviews
Vinay Lal’s new publication is a visual delight and an invigorating look at how dynamic history is, and how political imagination, historical sources, and national narratives can be constantly reread and reinterpreted. Pooja Sancheti engages in a critical reading

Fifty Years of Chipko Movement Clear Pathways For Other Struggles to Save Ecosystems, and Life
On the fiftieth anniversary of the historic Chipko Movement that caught popular imagination and became almost a household name in India Bharat Dogra who was closely associated with it does a recap of its strategic role in asserting peoples' rights through satyagraha and its overall takeaways we need to remember as we ponder the devastation in the eco-sensitive Himalayan regions.

Enjoy Reading.

Regards,
Editorial Team,
www.thebeacon.in

Twitter
Facebook
Website

This email was sent to ashish...@riseup.net
thebeacon.in · Ratan Park · Sus Road · Pune, 411021 · India

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp