Call for chapters, expressions of interest: Urban human-nature partnerships – From the Anthropocene to the Ecocene

Chrishna Woi

Jun 28, 2024, 5:55:09 AM (5 days ago) Jun 28
to Radical Ecological Democracy

*Apologies for cross-posting*

Dear RED friends,

We are seeking abstracts for chapters to be considered for inclusion in this exciting book project which is confirmed to be published open access by Edward Elgar Publishing.

“Urban human-nature partnerships – From the Anthropocene to the Ecocene”

Edited by Martina Artmann, Jessica Böhme, Markus Egermann, Christoph Woiwode

The book aims to re-discover, re-think, and re-sense the soulfulness, intelligence, and relational value of nonhuman nature in cities, its peri-urban borders and urban land teleconnections.

We seek chapter proposals that engage with the following themes:

·        System knowledge: The contributions of this section will reflect on a relational perspective of urban social-ecological systems presenting cutting-edge research on urban sustainability challenges and human´s and nonhuman´s nature self-efficacy to speak with an own voice.

·        Target knowledge: Chapters of this section will present future visions that nourish innovative thinking and ideas for a good life for human and nonhuman nature and thereby provide science, civic population, and decision-makers basic points of reference on how to approach the desired change.

·        Transformation knowledge: The selected chapter of this section will illustrate external and internal pathways of individual and collective actors which foster transformative turning points for joyful and serious kin-making with nonhuman nature in urban daily life.

We welcome a range of theoretical, empirical and practical studies from all parts of the world (co-)authored by people with diverse backgrounds. Therefore, apart from academic contributions we explicitly invite innovative formats that explore human-nature partnerships beyond intellectual textual explorations, such as artistic, poetic, or performative.

For further information, please find enclosed a flyer with links to the detailed description of the aims and structure of the book, the schedule and formal guidelines as well as the online submission.

If you are resonating with the book and interested in contributing to it, please send us a brief chapter proposal, including:

  • ·        working title
  • ·        list of authors and affiliations
  • ·        information to which book section (system, target, or transformation knowledge)  you´ll contribute to and how
  • ·        intention to contribute to an academic text-chapter or if you present an artistic, poetic, or performative case
  • ·        abstract of approximately 250 words

Please submit your expressions of interest till 1st September 2024 via the online submission form

We are looking forward to receive your many ideas!

With warm regards,

Christoph and the editorial team

Leibniz Institut für ökologische Raumentwicklung
Leibniz Institute of Ecological Urban and Regional Development

Dr. Christoph Woiwode
Forschungsbereich Landschaft, Ökosysteme und Biodiversität
Research Area Landscape, Ecosystems and Biodiversity
Weberplatz 1 I 01217 Dresden I Germany

Adjunct Professor
Dep. of Humanities & Social Sciences I Indian Institute of Technology Madras

URBNANCE book_CfP_flyer.pdf