radius links

Dean Satchell

Dec 28, 2014, 7:06:55 PM12/28/14
to radia...@googlegroups.com
Radius is really useful for linking between parent and children content. However, I also need to cross reference pages with html links. Is there a way of using radius tags for linking to a page based on the page number (e.g. pages/1234/)? Url links will break when changes are made to the slug or the page is moved in the tree, whereas the page number never changes. Thanks in advance!

Dean Satchell

Dec 30, 2014, 5:10:36 PM12/30/14
to radia...@googlegroups.com
To futher explain, I have Food as the parent page and Fruit and Nuts as the children. These each have children pages. But I also have a Healthy Food page somewhere else and I want to link to just some of the food pages. So I do this:
<r:aggregate paths="/fruit/apples/;/nuts/macadamias/"><r:each><r:link><r:title/></r:link></r:each></r:aggregate>
But these links are still based only on urls or paths whereas I want to build something more robust, based on page number. Something like:
<r:aggregate pages="/pages/1234;/pages/1239/"><r:each><r:link><r:title/></r:link></r:each></r:aggregate>

Dean Satchell

Nov 11, 2016, 9:58:58 PM11/11/16
to Radiant CMS
OK so this is now sorted thanks to Benny Degezelle of Monkeypatch. Benny has put together an extension called
radiant-find_by_id_tag-extension

A demo of how it works is found here

the radius tag is <r:find id="1234"/> so a link could look like <r:find id="1234"><r:url/></r:find> which allows you to shift pages around the tree without breaking the link.