The Turing Relay 2021

George Jellicoe

Mar 15, 2021, 5:29:49 PM3/15/21
to rashers, hashers

 The Turing Relay - a message from the Yorkshire Whippet.

From: Stuart Holmes <stuart....@ntlworld.com>

Dear Saint Radegund Running and Drinking Club,

Great news indeed, that Ely are ready to run with it...

We need to get our teams organised.

At the moment I can’t email the Hash google group from either of my two email addresses but I do get the emails that are sent.

Could someone email them about the run, and cc the rest of us? We need name, email address, leg preference, mobile number, car yes/no to start/or from finish.

Friday the 2nd would be OK I think, that looks like the date Ely want, no boat race etc on that day.

Is there anyone who doesn’t think the 2nd is a good day?

Whippet/stuart....@ntlworld.com/Leg 1/07887367944/car to start-and back from Ely-can take 4 others

George Jellicoe

Mar 15, 2021, 5:38:50 PM3/15/21
to Jimmy Carter, hashers, rashers
2nd April

Is that Friday 2nd July?
If so I would not mind taking part

Jimmy

Ian Farrell

Mar 15, 2021, 6:05:28 PM3/15/21
to George Jellicoe, rashers, hashers
Hi YW

I’m really keen to do this. I’ve not before, but have been running a bit more than usual for me and would love to do a leg.
Ian

--
Ian Farrell
Sent from my iPhone, please excuse brevity and typos

Claire Wilshaw

Mar 15, 2021, 6:37:44 PM3/15/21
to rashers, hashers, George Jellicoe
Slightly more details about the Turing Relay, for those that don't know them all already.

The 2021 Turing Relay will happen on Friday 2nd April (probably)

Teams of 3 runners, starting in front of Ely cathedral and ending back at Ely cathedral after running to the Green Dragon pub in Cambridge.
Sadly no chip eating/beer drinking competition in the Albert this time 🙁.  But we can still show Ely Runners that we can run.

Email Yorkshire Whippet on stuart....@ntlworld.com if you want to join in.  We need name, email address, leg preference, mobile number, car yes/no to start/or from finish.

On-On
The Yorkshire Whippet
Stage 1.  Ely to Waterbeach 11.7m on west bank.
From the cathedral down the Gallery to Cherry Hill Park, Jubilee Gardens to the Cutter and west bank to the Fish & Duck Marina bridge, Dimmock’s Cote and Waterbeach
Stage 2.  Waterbeach to Green Dragon bridge to Waterbeach 8.0m on both banks.  From Waterbeach follow the firm riverside footpath to
the Green Dragon bridge at Chesterton and return via Fen Ditton and Baits Bite Lock bridge to Waterbeach
Stage 3.  Waterbeach to Ely 12.1m on east bank (min age 16).  From Waterbeach follow the east bank path to Upware, Chalk Pit, Lode End Bridge and cross Ely High Bridge to the Cutter, Jubilee Gardens, Cherry Hill Park after which right alongside the top of Dean’s Meadow and round the back of the cathedral to finish on the green alongside the cathedral.

The changeovers are both at Clayhithe Bridge, Waterbeach
Some route details and photographs are on the old TTR website at
www.turingrelay.co.uk