meeting Thursday 27th April "Maker's Bazaar"

John Gumb

Apr 19, 2023, 8:07:07 AM4/19/23
to rad...@googlegroups.com
Folks,

With the long winter nights receding, the next RADARC meeting, Thursday 27th April, is a "Maker's Bazaar" to see what we've all been up to!  It's an informal "show and tell" event where members bring along projects/interesting things to share and discuss ideas.

Venue will be the scout hut. Remote zoom presenters welcome.

Ideally, please let me know if you have something to show just so I can put together an updated meeting invite/running order. Doesn't matter
what it is, provided we can get it into the room and is reasonably safe. Doesn't have to be a physical thing. Ideas and enthusiasm for a subject are nice and easy to carry.

Length of talks/slots will depend on how many takers we get - I expect maybe 5 to 10 minutes each, similar to the Great Construction Contest in November.

Possible topics:

* Antennas (photos, sketches if that's easier)
* Experiments and experimental projects - not necessarily complete - or even started!
* Projects you may need some help with
* Cautionary tales
* Operating tips
* A short talk on your pet subject

The list is endless.

Even if it is something which seems trivial to you and "not worth showing", please bring it along or show via zoom. It may trigger another idea with someone else.

Ideas are what we're after!

Equally important, if you don't have anything to show,  please just bring yourself and find inspiration, tea and biscuits! Sadly, we don't have the tech (yet) to deliver refreshments  via zoom...

73

John
G4RDC

John Gumb

Apr 26, 2023, 7:00:33 AM4/26/23
to rad...@googlegroups.com
Folks,

Just a reminder it's the "Maker's Bazaar" tomorrow, Thursday 27th April.

Venue: 2nd Woodley Scout Group, Vauxhall Park, Vauxhall Dr, Woodley, Reading RG5 4EA https://what3words.com/bowls.blame.lace
Zoom info below.
Start at 8pm.

So far we have:

* Mike G4KFK:

"I will bring my “Arduino-ised MX293” for 4m. This started life as an MX293 on 4m – then the rotary BCD switch came apart.
I replaced the rotary BCD switch with a conventional 10-way switch and a diode matrix to derive the BCD codes.
Then I re-housed the radio in a new box, with an Arduino to provide the BCD codes and drive an I2C display.
 I’ll also bring along a work-in-progress, which is a copy of the Codar AT5 160m AM transmitter, but with an Arduino and DDS instead of a VFO, and a DC-to-DC converter to derive the HT from 12V."

* Mike G4CDF: 23cm QRO amplifier update/metal bashing festival. (Top marks there Mike).

* Simon M0ZSU: Weather station project using an ESP32 board

I'll bring along some junk - most likely a bench Digital multimeter which has also been fitted with a microcontroller so I can automate taking measurements. And maybe a bit about a 10GHz microwave project after an insane purchase at the Luton/Dunstable Downs rally last year....which spawned another project to program a Xilinx FPGA (chip thingy).

Apologies if I've missed anyone - my email spam filter has been a bit useless recently. Try pinging me again either on email or discord etc.

Of course - feel free to turn up either on video or in person tomorrow at the scout hut to present whatever you like. It's an informal evening but apart from mine, there's some particularly grand projects and ideas there already.

There will be tea, coffee, biscuits and (jaffa) cake aplenty.

So come along on have a stroll through the ideas bazaar!

Here's the zoom info:

Topic: Reading and District Amateur Radio Club's Zoom Meeting
Time: Apr 27, 2023 08:00 PM London

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 833 8963 1769
Passcode: 551691
One tap mobile
+442080806591,,83389631769#,,,,*551691# United Kingdom
+442080806592,,83389631769#,,,,*551691# United Kingdom

Dial by your location
+44 208 080 6591 United Kingdom
+44 208 080 6592 United Kingdom
+44 330 088 5830 United Kingdom