More details for VHF field day directions and call for helpers.

Simon Watson

Jul 1, 2022, 11:01:47 AM7/1/22
to Reading and District Amateur Radio Group
Dear Members,

Any helpers who can help with setup (10am Sat 2nd July) / tear down (3pm Sun 3rd July) would be much appreciated, some of our usual helpers are not available so we are a little down.

Please see attached screenshots of how to access the Checkendon VHF field day site.

If you come up the A4074 from Reading, turn right on to Main Street towards Checkendon,  then turn right into Deer's Lane (see pic DeerLane). Then turn right again into Corkers Farm (see entrance pic). If you reach Hook End you have gone too far. The gate to the field where we are is on the left a little way down the track, please do not drive up to the farm buildings.

Entrance.JPG
Map.JPG
Map2.JPG
DeerLane.JPG

John Gumb

Jul 1, 2022, 4:09:59 PM7/1/22
to Reading and District Amateur Radio Group
Folks,

Without wishing to be Mr. Grumpy (more Mr. Safety):

* Please wear reasonably robust footwear. It will be uneven underfoot, it's painful dropping tools on your toes and...
* If you have some form of working gloves, please bring them. RADARC does have a few pairs, I understand.
* Maybe something to keep you hydrated.

RADARC cares about your fingers and toes!

Whilst we try and mitigate risks as best we can, if you see anything/any activity you think is unsafe in any way (either immediately or possibly in future) PLEASE call it out. Credit to David Hadaway G4MCM for spotting some dodgy guy rope tensioners at CW field day.

Some form of hat might be a good idea, not necessarily to protect you from the sun even if it is sensible, but the emissions of the red kites :-)

Bill G4WJS would be proud.

73

John
G4RDC