Talk 26/1/2023

Ian Hill

Jan 16, 2023, 2:02:47 PM1/16/23
to John Gumb, rad...@googlegroups.com

Some of you may remember my last talk on Radio in the Australian outback of some 5 years ago.
Since then I have been working based out of Switzerland for three years  but running a project to put a radio system  (and other things) into the countries of Greece, Albania and Italy on the Trans Adriatic Pipeline with seamless roaming all the way despite significant frequency differences.  I will be talking about the pipeline's challenges of crossing mountain ranges , managing construction during COVID and enjoying the cheap beer of rural Albania as well as explaining the technical issues and fun of putting in a 38 basestation ease of use focussed,  IP connected  TIer III trunked system to include cool stuff like VOIP phone integration, ATEX certified explosion proof radios, and many levels of redundancy for this critical comms application designed for Emergency Response Management in hazardous areas.
See you there I hope. Regards de G8MWK (Ian)

image.png
Regards de G8MWK (Ian)

John Gumb

Jan 20, 2023, 10:23:27 AM1/20/23
to rad...@googlegroups.com
Folks,

Next meeting is on Thursday 26th January 8pm at the Scout hut and on zoom (details below).

It's a talk by our very own Ian G8MWK (thanks Ian!!!) "Confessions of an O&G Ex Pat Radio Rock Star on Tour: Switzerland, Italy, Albania and Greece":

[...]

Very cool pic of Ian, mountains and kit below.

Venue: 2nd Woodley Scout Group, Vauxhall Park, Vauxhall Dr, Woodley, Reading RG5 4EA https://what3words.com/bowls.blame.lace

Zoom info:

Topic: RADARC Meeting with Ian G8MWK
Time: Jan 26, 2023 08:00 PM London

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 852 7781 2769
Passcode: 925169
One tap mobile
+442080806592,,85277812769#,,,,*925169# United Kingdom
+443300885830,,85277812769#,,,,*925169# United Kingdom

Dial by your location
+44 208 080 6592 United Kingdom
+44 330 088 5830 United Kingdom
+44 131 460 1196 United Kingdom
+44 203 481 5237 United Kingdom
+44 203 481 5240 United Kingdom
+44 203 901 7895 United Kingdom
+44 208 080 6591 United Kingdom
Meeting ID: 852 7781 2769
Passcode: 925169
Find your local number: https://us06web.zoom.us/u/kLzywoLeZ

Ian is also doing a great job of creating activity on 4 metres so do give him a shout!

Maybe he'll tell us about M-London ARG '78 GB3LO too...sounds intriguing.

Simon and I were delighted to see that we managed to drain the tea urn last time (it did survive). It will be back on duty ready for what will be no doubt another busy evening! Please bring your own mug.
A supply of many and varied biscuits will be on tap as ever. You're also welcome to bring along your own favourite tipple.

image.png
Regards de G8MWK (Ian)

73

John
G4RDC

John Gumb

Jan 24, 2023, 2:48:19 PM1/24/23
to rad...@googlegroups.com
See you there!

73

John
G4RDC
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Reading and District Amateur Radio Group" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/radarc/f2733f501341326c29298db2bc933e0f90e67cbb.camel%40gumb.org.