Thanks everyone for a successful McMichael Rally.

Simon Watson

Jul 19, 2022, 6:09:27 AM7/19/22
to Reading and District Amateur Radio Group
Dear Members,

Last Sunday's McMichael rally was a success despite it being rather hot.
It was great to hear the buzz of chatter as people rummaged through the stalls or sat chatting outside or in the bar.
Many people met up with old friends or ex work or school colleagues they hadn't seen for a few years.

Final financials for the rally will be announced in due course, we had 79 sellers and 411 buyers (in 2019 104 sellers and 428 buyers), so given that some were put off by heat or Covid or cost of fuel etc. we did very well I think.

I can report that the RADARC club table took £901.53! Some of this will be going to the Culham Radio Club as they supplied a significant proportion of the junk on the agreement of them receiving part of the proceeds.

Firstly, I want to thank all the helpers both from RADARC and Burnham Beeches who did an amazing job despite the heat. It was a pleasure to be there with you all.
Secondly, the Rugby Club - Gina arrived back from holiday the night before, and still got out of bed early to greet us and provide coffee and bacon butties!
Last but most certainly not least, all the sellers and buyers who turned up (perhaps yourself included), including the Berkshire Lowland Rescue who provided the essential first aid response without which we couldn't open, the model tank display team and Stuart and his wonderful signals Land Rover. Thanks also to Tony with the infamous blue ATV van.
Harry provided us with some rather delicious and gratefully received ice creams!

I have received some emails praising the rally as well as hearing a chat about it on GB3BN, it was nice to hear an amateur who was pleased with his aquisations from the RADARC junk table and planning a project with them.

Finally, at the rally an announcement was made in memory of Andy M5ALG and Graham G3XYX, they both loved the rally and I like to think they could be watching from above and would be pleased to hear their call signs issuing forth from the speaker horns as we are thankful to have known them and enjoyed their company and help over the years.

Thanks again everyone.

73
Simon M0ZSU RADARC

SettingUpRally.jpeg