NFD Sat 3rd and Sun 4th June

David Honey

May 23, 2023, 3:18:26 PM5/23/23
to rad...@googlegroups.com

Dear member,

Weekend after next is the NFD (National Field Day) contest. This is a 24 hour CW contest starting at 16:00 local on Sat 3rd June.

We have permission to use our usual field at Sonning Farm for the weekend. In previous years, members have generously helped with set-up and tear-down. We would be grateful if members could do so again. We especially need help with set-up, so if you can spare a couple of hours on Saturday, that would be most appreciated.  Set-up will start at 11:00 local time on Saturday 3rd, and tear-down at 16:00 local time on Sunday 4th. Many members are familiar with the site, but for any that are not...

If you come down Charvil Lane from the A4 towards Sonning, just as you enter Sonning, you will see some large farm buildings on your left. Opposite that, is a gate to Broadmoor Lane. If the gate is padlocked, the number to unlock is 03065. The field we normally use is the second field on the LHS as you drive down Broadmoor Lane. I will confirm with the farm manager a few days before the contest and if this changes will email details.

Map link: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.4736832,-0.9040852,18z
Streetview link: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.4734999,-0.9038445,3a,75y,3.42h,80.76t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sXFtgjdizEXvLgAIvH9EdXg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
What3words: sardine.earmarked.store

If you need to contact me during FD, my mobile is 07761 842220. If I don't answer during the contest, I'm probably operating.
Members are welcome to visit us over the weekend to see what we get up to in field day contests.

Simon will be setting up the usual BBQ for members to use. So if you cannot come down to visit during the day, you are welcome to come down with a something to cremate on the barbie and bottles of your choice on Saturday evening. You might want to bring a folding chair.

All we need now is fine dry weekend for the contest.

Best regards,
David M0DHO