BANGGOOD Active Mini Whip.

Graham Bedwell

Dec 2, 2021, 3:16:04 AM12/2/21
to rad...@googlegroups.com

Has anyone tried the BANGGOOD 10khz-30mhz Active Mini-Whip SDR. Module antenna  at £22-91

+  £1.40 shipping or had dealings with the company please ?

Graham G3XYX

Tom M0LTE

Dec 2, 2021, 3:21:08 AM12/2/21
to Graham Bedwell, rad...@googlegroups.com
Hi Graham

Banggood, Aliexpress and the like are just marketplaces with many many sellers. The experience with one seller on the marketplace can be totally different to the experience with another seller. You get some protection as a buyer through the marketplace.

You’ll also probably find there are many different listings for similar products with similar names, can you post a link to the specific listing you are looking at?

Cheers
Tom

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Reading and District Amateur Radio Group" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/radarc/000001d7e754%24d86cff50%248946fdf0%24%40gmail.com.

Dave Dibley

Dec 2, 2021, 4:03:47 AM12/2/21
to rad...@googlegroups.com

Hello Graham,

Its probably a Chinese version of the PA0RDT mini whip, I made one of these a couple of years ago, it works fairly well.

73 Dave G4RGK

Sergei M0TLN

Dec 2, 2021, 5:27:11 PM12/2/21
to Reading and District Amateur Radio Group

In regards to support Banggoog is not as good as Aliexpress so I'd better buy from Ali which also now have fast shipment in most cases.

Friend of mine got Mini-Whip but also AMLS-150 (active magnetic loop).
Those are nearly the same price range but loop was less noisy.
The trick is - you better buy ready assembled item - I tried AMLS-150 and decided I will assemble it myself as evening hobby.
And this doesn't work and you have no replacement for the chip which got top sanded so there is no marking.

Good luck with your findings.

Sergei