UK Events

billym44

Jan 17, 2009, 8:30:29 AM1/17/09
to The Racketlon Chat
Hi all,
Just trying to get into this sport and would love to find a suitable
competition in the UK, but the UK version of the website is so out fo
date, and doesn't seem to be getting revised. Can anyone help me with
dates of any competitions which are coming up? Thanks, Bill

Jan 17, 2009, 2:08:59 PM1/17/09
to The Racketlon Chat
Try http://www.englishracketlon.org/events.html

(You must have been to http://www.racketlon.co.uk/ , which does not
seem to get as much attention any longer. )

billym44

Jan 21, 2009, 4:55:16 PM1/21/09
to The Racketlon Chat
Thanks H, got to that site. Much better but not many events up here in
the north!! Bill

On Jan 17, 7:08 pm, H <hans.mulla...@racketlon.com> wrote:
> Tryhttp://www.englishracketlon.org/events.html
>
> (You must have been tohttp://www.racketlon.co.uk/, which does not
> seem to get as much attention any longer. )
>
> On Jan 17, 2:30 pm, billym44 <billy...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi all,
> > Just trying to get into this sport and would love to find a suitable
> > competition in the UK, but the UK version of the website is so out fo
> > date, and doesn't seem to be getting revised. Can anyone help me with
> > dates of any competitions which are coming up? Thanks, Bill- Hide quoted text -

12am

Jan 21, 2009, 5:23:50 PM1/21/09
to The Racketlon Chat
Hi Bill, we are working on some northern locations....Newcastle,
Sheffield & a few other possibilities. I see you've signed up to the
website, but you can also register your player details. We can them
maybe put you in touch with local players. We have quite a contingent
of players from the north of England, so we should be able to help
out, cheers, Gary

billym44

Jan 29, 2009, 1:41:47 PM1/29/09
to The Racketlon Chat
Hi Gary, thanks for the note. I've now registered to play on the
English Racketlon website. Considering Hertfordshire but it's a hell
of a drive. May have to wait until Nottingham in June. Anything
further North would be appreciated. I'm in the Over 45's section so if
you know of others I'd be interested. Thanks, Bill

12am

Jan 29, 2009, 2:31:30 PM1/29/09
to The Racketlon Chat
Hi Bill, I see you are Middlesborough based, so i've contacted a few
players that appear to be also based there. I believe they have not
competed on the tour as such, but rather at a specific 'CSSC' event
that took place at Redbridge, so they are not known to me, but
hopefully I will get a response, cheers, Gary

bobby

Jan 31, 2009, 7:49:38 PM1/31/09
to The Racketlon Chat
hi,

i must be classified as a Class D person. I would like to take part in
the tournaments are there any interest groups in hampshire/berkshire
so that I can network and play with folks?

ciao
bobby

12am

Feb 1, 2009, 11:02:12 AM2/1/09
to The Racketlon Chat
Hi Bobby, I see you've registered to the English Racketlon website,
although you haven't yet completed your player profile, so dont forget
to do this if you want to enter tournaments. If you do this, I will be
able to see your address & should be able to put you in touch with
some local players. We had a tournament in Eastleigh in November &
there are a number of other Hampshire locations that might see future
events...

Also, If you join the UK Racketlon Portal group on facebook at:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=9495401163 you will then
automatically receive UK event invites...

Cheers, Gary

neilsw

Feb 16, 2009, 8:51:09 AM2/16/09
to The Racketlon Chat

Gary,

Just joined the English website as you suggested. I was also looking
at the old Racketlon website and getting frustrated with it not being
updated. Am interested in knowing the interest from Ireland (I am
based in Dublin). Will be prepared to travel over for one of two comps
this year though in UK. You mention "complete the player profile" in
your entry - where do I find that?

Thanks, Neil.

12am

Feb 18, 2009, 8:47:47 AM2/18/09
to The Racketlon Chat
Hi Neil, we are trying to encourage racketlon in Ireland - some of the
names
of past/current players are: NI - Richard Macbride, John Macbride,
Will
Paterson(2007), Eire: Brendan Carroll, Chris Caves(2007), Ray Bowers
(2007),
Paul Lineham(2007) - Also Hilda Macbride, Andrew Gibson

& potential locations:

Lisburn Racquets Club
http://www.lisburnracquets.co.uk/index.html

Dublin University Lawn Tennis Club
http://www.tennis.tcdlife.ie/?m=20081008

Galway Lawn Tennis Club - there was a tournament in 08 - not art of
the
tour, organisers names included
http://gltc.ie/club/ - Robert Zemankiewicz (zi...@wp.pl) and Edwin
Brennan
http://www.irishsquash.com/woi.htm

I have a DVD from the event from a local film maker/enthusiast. I am
working
on 'Welsh Racketlon', but after this weekend's event in Hertfordshire,
will put some more thought to 'Irish Racketlon'...cheers, Gary

12am

Feb 18, 2009, 8:56:45 AM2/18/09
to The Racketlon Chat
Forgot to add the details re creating your player profile. Once logged
in, go to:

http://www.englishracketlon.org/component/tes/profile.html

Cheers, G