Announcing Fission Flare, a falling block video game

Ryan Kramer

Sep 23, 2021, 6:33:37 PM9/23/21
to Racket Users
I've just released v0.1 of a falling block video game: https://github.com/default-kramer/fission-flare It draws a lot of inspiration from Dr Mario but I don't like to advertise that since my game has plenty of unique ideas. And although the patent on Dr Mario has expired, I'm not a lawyer and I don't want to invite trouble.

The game is 100% Racket, most of it Typed. The graphics are all done using pict. Perhaps I'll start a blog and write up some of the more interesting things I learned, but not today.

Warning - it can be pretty addicting! Well over 90% of my "development" time was just me playing the game.

Christine Lemmer-Webber

Sep 24, 2021, 11:21:43 PM9/24/21
to Ryan Kramer, racket...@googlegroups.com
Looks very fun. :)