(chaperone RacketCon) 2020

Jay McCarthy

Jun 5, 2020, 7:26:07 PM6/5/20
to Racket Users
In October 2020, we'll be holding a virtual RacketCon, rather than an
in-person meeting as usual. We hope to get back to normal in 2021. We
have not worked out the exact dates and details, but have a few
parameters.

We're thinking about following PLDI, where the general model is to
have pre-recorded talks, which I would help presenters prepare,
followed by live Q&A with an MC relaying questions from Slack. We'd
hope to have the usual State of Racket presentation from Matthew,
which would lead into a town hall Q&A/comment session with members of
the Racket team.

The main details we need to work out now are exactly which and how
many days to run it and in what time slots and in what time zones. I
would greatly appreciate any comments you have in response to this
form:

https://forms.gle/cYNNY9XhmEoUBBe19

Thank you!

Jay

--
Jay McCarthy
Associate Professor @ CS @ UMass Lowell

Jay McCarthy

Sep 3, 2020, 9:20:35 AM9/3/20
to Racket Users, Racket Developers
The site is up with speakers and times:

https://con.racket-lang.org/

Please get pumped and put the dates in your calendars.

And stay tuned for details about how technically the conference will work.

Thanks everyone!

<3

Jay

--
Jay McCarthy
Associate Professor @ CS @ UMass Lowell
http://jeapostrophe.github.io
Vincit qui se vincit.

Andrew Gwozdziewycz

Sep 3, 2020, 10:43:39 AM9/3/20
to Racket Users
Jay,

I was expecting this to be like PLDI, and that came with an amazing song: “This is Still PLDI” — https://youtu.be/hVMCl64Uhe8

Does Racket Con have an official song?

Thanks,

Andrew

P.S. — yes, I am being a troll. However, I would genuinely love to see a Racket Con song. I have no talent for music, or production, but if I can lend my crappy voice, silly lyrics, or somehow help a passionate community member who thinks this is a fun idea, and wants to roll with it, let me know!