Incorrect value/typo in write-resource procedure documentation

Dexter Lagan

Apr 12, 2021, 3:07:28 AM4/12/21
to Racket Users

For the proc write-resource,
type : (or/c 'string 'bytes 'integer) = 'string
should read
type : (or/c 'string 'bytes 'dword) = 'string

As the 'integer value is not supported. Attempting to use the 'integer value returns the following error:
write-resource: expected argument of type <'string, 'bytes, or 'dword>; given: 'integer

Cheers,

Dex

Gustavo Massaccesi

Apr 14, 2021, 1:00:16 PM4/14/21
to Dexter Lagan, Racket Users
Thanks for the report. I think the fix is correct, but this is a part of the code I don't use too much.

I made a pull request, https://github.com/racket/racket/pull/3785 so someone can confirm it's correct and the message is not lost.

If you have an account in Github you can subscribe to this PR to get the updates automatically. If not, I can try to send any important update.

Gustavo

Gustavo Massaccesi

Apr 15, 2021, 6:33:31 PM4/15/21
to Dexter Lagan, Racket Users

It's too late for the 8.1 version, but it will be included in the 8.2 version.

Gustavo