[ANN] RacketScript working for 7.x

Stephen Chang

Oct 2, 2019, 1:54:00 PM10/2/19
to Racket-Users List, Vishesh Yadav
The RacketScript compiler [1] has been updated to work with Racket 7.x
programs, ie all tests pass (though we are still working to support
more primitives).

Try it out here: http://rapture.twistedplane.com:8080/

The next milestone is to improve RacketScript enough to compile the
Racket expander [2], with the longer term goal being to self-host, so
programs may be independently compiled and run in the browser.

If anyone is interested in helping out, let me know.

[1] https://github.com/vishesh/racketscript
[2] https://github.com/racket/racket/tree/master/racket/src/expander

Hendrik Boom

Oct 2, 2019, 2:04:15 PM10/2/19
to Racket-Users List
On Wed, Oct 02, 2019 at 01:53:46PM -0400, Stephen Chang wrote:
> The RacketScript compiler [1] has been updated to work with Racket 7.x
> programs, ie all tests pass (though we are still working to support
> more primitives).
>
> Try it out here: http://rapture.twistedplane.com:8080/
>
> The next milestone is to improve RacketScript enough to compile the
> Racket expander [2], with the longer term goal being to self-host, so
> programs may be independently compiled and run in the browser.

Does that include libraries like Pict, Pict3d, and the universe/world
game tools?

-- hendrik

> If anyone is interested in helping out, let me know.
>

> [1] https://github.com/vishesh/racketscript
> [2] https://github.com/racket/racket/tree/master/racket/src/expander

Bogdan Popa

Oct 2, 2019, 2:50:08 PM10/2/19
to Stephen Chang, Racket-Users List, Vishesh Yadav
This is fantastic news! Thank you!

Stephen Chang

Oct 8, 2019, 4:26:02 PM10/8/19
to Racket-Users List
> Does that include libraries like Pict, Pict3d, and the universe/world game tools?

Ideally yes, though we have only bounced around ideas and do not have
a concrete plan.

There is, however, already support for 2htdp/image and 2htdp/universe.

I should have clarified that the functionality of RacketScript has not
changed. It is in the same experimental state and supports the same
subset of Racket as before.