Meta-Object Protocol (MOP) or Object System in Racket?

Jing Guo

Oct 24, 2021, 7:10:02 AM10/24/21
to Racket Users
Hi all,

I recently came across the book "The Art of the Metaobject Protocol", which more or less describes a tiny version of the CLOS of Common Lisp.

I looked up the Racket documentation but could not find much information about internal mechanisms. So I was wondering that if one does not count Swindle [1], does Racket itself support things like MOP or some kind of CLOS? Or that due to Racket is more towards functional programming, so MOP-type object system is not necessary?

Thanks!

Jing