Something is going slightly wrong visually with the Linux version

Bruce O'Neel

Apr 13, 2021, 2:38:43 PM4/13/21
to Racketeers
Hi,

The most recent snapshot version built on Linux x86-64, Arm32, and Arm64 all have funny black blocks in the UI of Dr Racket.

While this display was captured from a MacOS X11 server it is the same on the Linux X11 servers as well as directly on the console screen.

Thanks.

bruce

Screenshot 2021-04-13 at 20.35.22.png

Robby Findler

Apr 13, 2021, 2:42:00 PM4/13/21
to bruce...@pckswarms.ch, Racketeers
This looks to me like racket believes the OS is in dark mode but it really isn't. Does this program produce true or false?

#lang racket
(require mrlib/panel-wob)
(white-on-black-panel-scheme?)

Robby

Robby Findler

Apr 13, 2021, 2:44:12 PM4/13/21
to bruce...@pckswarms.ch, Racketeers
And I should have added that that function's result is based on a luminance computation of this function:

and the foreground one. So if there is some way you're controlling those that defeats that computation, that might explain why you're getting the bad colors.

Robby

Bruce O'Neel

Apr 13, 2021, 2:44:58 PM4/13/21
to Robby Findler, Racketeers
Thanks.  Since I do this often at night I thought the same at first.  I get the same during daytime.

The program produces #f

cheers

bruce

On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 1:38 PM Bruce O'Neel <bruce...@pckswarms.ch> wrote:
Hi,

The most recent snapshot version built on Linux x86-64, Arm32, and Arm64 all have funny black blocks in the UI of Dr Racket.

While this display was captured from a MacOS X11 server it is the same on the Linux X11 servers as well as directly on the console screen.

Thanks.

bruce

<Screenshot 2021-04-13 at 20.35.22.png>

<Screenshot 2021-04-13 at 20.35.22.png>

Matthew Flatt

Apr 13, 2021, 2:46:43 PM4/13/21
to Robby Findler, bruce...@pckswarms.ch, Racketeers
My guess (will investigate) is that I broke things with this commit:

https://github.com/racket/draw/commit/a6558bdc18438e784c23d452ffd877dac867a7fd
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/racket-users/1618339098-36f9ab5b7d7507d1da5b3
> d5d4e45a7b0%40pckswarms.ch?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> > .
> >

> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/racket-users/CAL3TdOPmxHoejvgz3g5LxzRjJuybBg%2
> B86KYVMgp8xcy_EBDm8Q%40mail.gmail.com.

> [image/png "Screenshot 2021-04-13 at 20.35.22.png"] [~/Desktop & open] [~/Temp
> & open]
> .

Bruce O'Neel

Apr 13, 2021, 3:00:26 PM4/13/21
to Robby Findler, Racketeers
Hi,

I think that the label foreground and background colours are ok.

#lang racket
(require racket/gui/base)
(define bg (get-label-background-color))
(define fg (get-label-foreground-color))

Produces

> (send bg red)
255
> (send bg green)
255
> (send bg blue)
255
0
0
> (send fg blue)
0

which is bg white, fg black, right?

cheers

bruce

On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 1:41 PM Robby Findler <ro...@cs.northwestern.edu> wrote:
This looks to me like racket believes the OS is in dark mode but it really isn't. Does this program produce true or false?

#lang racket
(require mrlib/panel-wob)
(white-on-black-panel-scheme?)

Robby

On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 1:38 PM Bruce O'Neel <bruce...@pckswarms.ch> wrote:
Hi,

The most recent snapshot version built on Linux x86-64, Arm32, and Arm64 all have funny black blocks in the UI of Dr Racket.

While this display was captured from a MacOS X11 server it is the same on the Linux X11 servers as well as directly on the console screen.

Thanks.

bruce

<Screenshot 2021-04-13 at 20.35.22.png>

<Screenshot 2021-04-13 at 20.35.22.png>

Robby Findler

Apr 13, 2021, 3:12:55 PM4/13/21
to bruce...@pckswarms.ch, Racketeers
Right -- looks like I was barking up the wrong herring.

Robby