Possible code parsing bug in the DrRacket editor

Arthur F.

Jul 20, 2022, 8:43:03 AM7/20/22
to Racket Developers
Hi all,

I hope I am in the right forums. I have a possible bug report to be posted to DrRacket's GitHub, which I'd first like to show to you. With DrRacket 8.5 set to the teaching language Simply Scheme, with the the text insertion mark placed at the end of a line, too much code was highlighted, and likely due to the same parser error, the Reindent All command did not reindent the line following the highlighted area correctly. The code ran without errors, therefore the interpreter found it to be correct.

Here are three screenshots, with the insertion mark progressively moving from the very right of the line ending in (bf sent))) towards the left. As you can see, too much text is being highlighted in each of the screenshots:

incorrect_code_highlighting_1.png
incorrect_code_highlighting_2.png
incorrect_code_highlighting_3.png

Unfortunately, I am unable to reproduce the problem immediately after restarting DrRacket, so some text editing behavior on my part must have led to it.

Do you feel that this discovery merits being posted as a bug report on the DrRacket GitHub? If it does, should I provide any additional information?

Thanks,

Arthur

Robby Findler

Jul 20, 2022, 9:24:28 AM7/20/22
to Arthur F., Racket Developers
This would be very helpful if you found a way to reproduce it. I don't think we have enough to go on with this information to be able to fix it (frustratingly). But even without, perhaps an open issue will be a place that people will collect information about the bug over time.

thanks!

Robby