8.3 release announcement proposal

John Clements

Nov 5, 2021, 4:06:40 PM11/5/21
to Racket Developers
Here’s the proposed release announcement. Let me know of things that are missing!

Racket version 8.3 is now available from

https://racket-lang.org/

* Racket removes syntax arming and disarming in favor of a simpler
system of protected syntax operations, along with other updates to the
syntax system.

* DrRacket has improved support for custom #lang languages.

* Typed Racket improves precision for type-checking of non-polymorphic
structures, existential types, and certain binding forms.

* Scribble HTML output gains a button to show / hide the table of
contents on mobile platforms.

* Redex's stepper's GUI shows IO-judgment form rule names.

* Many bug fixes!

The following people contributed to this release:

Alex Knauth, Alexis King, Ayman Osman, Ben Greenman, Bob Burger, Bogdan
Popa, Brian Adkins, Cameron Moy, Carl Eastlund, Dan Holtby, Dominik
Pantůček, Eli Barzilay, Ethan Leba, Fred Fu, Greg Hendershott, Gustavo
Massaccesi, J. Ryan Stinnett, Jason Hemann, Jay McCarthy, Jesse Alama,
Joel Dueck, John Clements, Jonathan Simpson, Kartik Sabharwal, Laurent
Orseau, Lehua Ding, Maciej Barć, Marc Burns, Matthew Flatt, Matthias
Felleisen, Michael Ballantyne, Mike Sperber, Noah Ma, Paulo Matos, Pavel
Panchekha, Philip McGrath, Robby Findler, Ryan Culpepper, Ryan Sundberg,
Sage Gerard, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt, Shu-Hung You, Sorawee Porncharoenwase,
Stefan Schwarzer, Stephen De Gabrielle, Vincent St-Amour, William
J. Bowman, minor-change, and yjqww6

Feedback Welcome

Dominik Pantůček

Nov 5, 2021, 5:06:46 PM11/5/21
to racke...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

regarding my contribution:

https://github.com/racket/racket/pull/3950

I explicitly wrote:

Originally found and preliminary investigation of the issue: Dominik
Pantůček

Further investigation and proposed patch: Adam Zaiter
adam....@trustica.cz (as a part of his work on this project)

If it is possible, I would definitely like to give credit where credit
is due and have Adam in the list as well.

Cheers,
Dominik

John Clements

Nov 5, 2021, 6:04:47 PM11/5/21
to Dominik Pantůček, racke...@googlegroups.com
I’m happy to add Adam Zaiter to the list of contributors. Many thanks!

John