Release Announcement for v8.3

John Clements

Oct 23, 2021, 1:44:15 PM10/23/21
to racke...@googlegroups.com
The release announcement sketch that I have so far is below. Please
mail me new items and/or edits.

Please phrase announcements using complete sentences and avoid the
word "now”.

* Racket removes syntax arming and disarming in favor of a simpler
system of protected syntax operations, along with other updates to the
syntax system.

* DrRacket has improved support for custom #lang languages.

* Typed Racket improves precision for type-checking of non-polymorphic
structures, existential types, and certain binding forms.

* Scribble HTML output gains a button to show / hide the table of
contents.

* Redex rules get optional names.

* Many bug fixes!

John Clements

Sorawee Porncharoenwase

Oct 23, 2021, 1:47:18 PM10/23/21
to John Clements, Racket Developers
* Scribble HTML output gains a button to show / hide the table of
  contents.

Only for mobile view, I think? So perhaps adding "for mobile view" at the end.

Robby Findler

Oct 23, 2021, 5:19:28 PM10/23/21
On Sat, Oct 23, 2021 at 12:44 PM 'John Clements' via Racket Developers <racke...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

* Redex rules get optional names.

This one should probably be: "Redex's stepper's GUI shows IO-judgment form rule names"

Robby

* Many bug fixes!

John Clements

Oct 23, 2021, 5:40:06 PM10/23/21