storing to log

pferdwurst

Feb 22, 2012, 11:29:55 AM2/22/12
to Rackamole
I have been trying to use a log file for my installation and have been
running into problems.

My application.rb includes this configuration:

config.middleware.use Rack::Mole, { :app_name => "Test
Application",
:user_key => :user_id,
:store =>
Rackamole::Store::Log.new("/tmp/out"),
:excluded_paths => [ /.*?\/
assets\/*/ ]
}

Yet, I see that my configuration is overridden in both 2 places:
merging with the default settings and an assignment to @logger in the
initialize method in mole.rb. I can only get my logging to redirect
to a file (instead of stdout) if I comment both of these calls to new
Rackamole::Store::Logs. Am I missing something?

Thanks
Tanya

DeRailed

Feb 22, 2012, 11:43:32 AM2/22/12
to Rackamole
Hi Tanya,

I am not quiet following your question. You want the mole output to
got to stdout? If so just use Rackamole::Store::Log.new that is where
the default output for the mole goes.
If I am misunderstanding your concerns please clarify your
question...

Thanks!
Fernand