setup how-to

agibralter

Feb 22, 2010, 2:18:45 AM2/22/10
to Rackamole
I'm still a little confused about how to get a rackamole/wackamole
system setup. I'm using Rails with a couple app servers on EC2... the
following is what I'm thinking, but I just want to make sure...

environments/*.rb: https://gist.github.com/c96b08807529056a8caf

Then I need to run wackamole somewhere, right? Can I run that on a
separate EC2 instance? It just needs access to the mongodb that
rackamole is writing to, right?

Thanks!

DeRailed

Feb 22, 2010, 12:37:48 PM2/22/10
to Rackamole
Hi Aaron,

At first glance your configuration looks ok. You might want to
consider using the rackamole yaml config file so you
can setup your env. There is an example of that in the rackamole
spec/test_configs dir and it will use the current
environment to select which configuration to use. Then you can do
something like

config/environment.rb

config.middleware.use "Rack::Mole", {
:environment => RAILS_ENV,
:config_file => File.join( RAILS_ROOT, %w[config
rackamole.yml] )
}

As for running wackamole, you can run it anywhere you'd like. There
is a config.ru that you'll need to modify depending
if you're running memcache or mongo sessions. Your .wackamole/
wackamole.yml should mirror your rackamole setup
and point to the respective mongo instances depending on your env
settings.

-Fernand