World Possible Executive Director Report 5/31 - 6/13

Jeremy Schwartz

Jun 17, 2014, 12:58:51 AM6/17/14
to Rachel Project

Hi Team,

A great week with some inspirational highlights:

·         Esra has officially registered World Possible Namibia to work on raising funds for spreading RACHEL in Namibia

·         Mihir isn’t much further behind in India, creating Gujarati guides to install RACHEL and working on local language content

·         Lisa Stern (UConnect) has a few updates from Uganda (attached) that show the incredible work our Ugandan friends (all of you!) have done to raise awareness there

·         We’ve begun work on documentation and some small clean up notes to our English 64GB RACHEL-Pi image (thank you Sam, Hugh, and Denis)

·         Jonathan Field is back in the states and plugging away on a web based customization portal for RACHEL local language content

·         Karin K. has started to feed some great new content (bilingual) for primary school and below education in anticipation of her work in the D.R.

·         Janice gets support from TZ Postal Bank for her Pi-oneer (RACHEL-Pi + mobile projector)

More updates below:

5/31/2014

New User

Claudio C.

Dominican Republic

Interest from Fundacion Santa Lola in San Pedro do Macoris

5/31/2014

Update

Judy S.

Tanzania

Introductory presentation of RACHEL Pi to School Fund team

6/2/2014

Update

Mark K.

Kenya

Stress test of RACHEL-Pi (Ethernet and wifi), Kenya presentation

6/2/2014

Dev

Jonathan F.

Custom RACHEL

Jonathan return from South Africa, lead RACHEL customization portal

6/2/2014

Update

Elizabeth R.

RACHEL Map

New volunteer effort by RACHEL to build user mapping

6/2/2014

Update

James T.

Int'l Profs

Introduction to collaborative efforts for rural solar training

6/3/2014

New User

Craig R.

Cambodia/ Malawi

Student Volunteers Abroad group modding RACHEL w/ Local content

6/3/2014

Content

Angela P.

Sri Lanka

Created local Tamil videos after Khan English wasn't working

6/3/2014

New User

Jonathan B.

Cameroon

Working with John W. to install RACHEL on Dell Servers in Yaounde

6/4/2014

Update

Vedaste

Rwanda

International Education Exchange looking for training

6/4/2014

Update

Diane J.

Tanzania

8 new laptops with RACHEL for MaaSAE girls school (Monduli)

6/4/2014

New User

Holley G.

Guatemala

New RACHEL-Pi user in Proyecto Santo Tomas w/ N Computing system

6/6/2014

Content

Mihir

Gujarati

RACHEL installation guide translated to Gujarati by Mihir

6/7/2014

Update

Paul S.

Afghanistan

Drafting presentation on educational opportunity using technology

6/7/2014

Update

Lisa S.

Uganda

Country Report from Uganda by Lisa Stern (attached)

6/9/2014

Update

Israel Q.

Honduras

Troubleshooting Pi problems in Honduras (3 of 7 deployments)

6/9/2014

New User

Diane J.

Tanzania

Additional RACHEL for Arusha nursing school

6/9/2014

Content

Luc H.

Orange Foundation

French content update and country packages in August

6/10/2014

New User

Stephen S.

Guatemala

Director at Konojel Nutrition Center meeting w/ Israel

6/11/2014

Update

Esra K.

Namibia

Esra officially obtained government approval for World Possible Namibia

6/11/2014

New User

Kristin H.

Rwanda

Maranyundo Girls School in Nyamata, JS to follow up

6/12/2014

Dev

Denis S

Tanzania

Testing RACHEL Pi new build, troubleshooting and support

6/12/2014

Content

Chloe L.

Looma

Educational Content Team for Looma Project (VillageTech Solutions)

6/12/2014

New User

Lee G.

unknown

Prospective new user looking for more information (JS follow up)

6/13/2014

New User

Armand A.

Philippines

New user in Philippines, looking to localize content w/ dep of edu.

6/13/2014

Update

Karin K

Dominican Republic

Content suggestions for elementary learning, testing RACHEL Pi

6/13/2014

New User

Abdoulaye S

Senegal

Interest from new users in Senegal (orange foundation referral)

For past reports, please visit our google group (www.worldpossible.org/gg.php).

To unsubscribe reply “remove”.  We will migrate to a real e-mail system before the next update for easier management of subscriptions.

Best,
jeremy

--

Jeremy Schwartz

Executive Director

Jer...@worldpossible.org

Office: 415.535.2138

Mobile: 714.745.4841

Skype: world.possible

972 Mission Street, 5th Floor

San Francisco, CA 94123

Follow us on Facebook or sign up for our newsletter for updates

World Possible is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization

UConnect Rachel Repository Poster 2014 Rev3 GCFdrs Legacy 4th Floor.pdf
Full page photo.pdf
Country Update - Uganda.pdf

Jeremy Schwartz

Jun 17, 2014, 1:05:14 AM6/17/14
to Rachel Project

Hi Team,

A great couple weeks with some inspirational highlights: