Configure error

Charlie

Jan 4, 2010, 10:38:51 AM1/4/10
to Racer Dev
I'm having issues trying to compile SVN.

It seems unable to find bullet, but I just installed
bullet/bullet-devel in Fedora through yum.

- C

[charles@charles racer]$ ls /usr/include/btBullet*
/usr/include/btBulletCollisionCommon.h /usr/include/btBulletDynamicsCommon.h

[charles@charles racer]$ ls /usr/lib/libBullet*
/usr/lib/libBulletCollision.so /usr/lib/libBulletDynamics.so.2.75
/usr/lib/libBulletCollision.so.2 /usr/lib/libBulletSoftBody.so
/usr/lib/libBulletCollision.so.2.75 /usr/lib/libBulletSoftBody.so.2
/usr/lib/libBulletDynamics.so /usr/lib/libBulletSoftBody.so.2.75
/usr/lib/libBulletDynamics.so.2

[charles@charles racer]$ ./autogen.sh
[charles@charles racer]$ ./configure
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of g++... gcc3
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for libtrack... configure: error: Package requirements
(bullet sigc++-2.0) were not met:

No package 'bullet' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables libtrack_CFLAGS
and libtrack_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

James Legg

Jan 4, 2010, 5:11:25 PM1/4/10
to race...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, 2010-01-04 at 15:38 +0000, Charlie wrote:
> I'm having issues trying to compile SVN.
>
> It seems unable to find bullet, but I just installed
> bullet/bullet-devel in Fedora through yum.
>
> - C
>
> [charles@charles racer]$ ls /usr/include/btBullet*
> /usr/include/btBulletCollisionCommon.h /usr/include/btBulletDynamicsCommon.h
>
> [charles@charles racer]$ ls /usr/lib/libBullet*
> /usr/lib/libBulletCollision.so /usr/lib/libBulletDynamics.so.2.75
> /usr/lib/libBulletCollision.so.2 /usr/lib/libBulletSoftBody.so
> /usr/lib/libBulletCollision.so.2.75 /usr/lib/libBulletSoftBody.so.2
> /usr/lib/libBulletDynamics.so /usr/lib/libBulletSoftBody.so.2.75
> /usr/lib/libBulletDynamics.so.2
>
> [charles@charles racer]$ ./autogen.sh
> [charles@charles racer]$ ./configure

> checking for libtrack... configure: error: Package requirements

> (bullet sigc++-2.0) were not met:
>
> No package 'bullet' found
>
> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
> installed software in a non-standard prefix.
>
> Alternatively, you may set the environment variables libtrack_CFLAGS
> and libtrack_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
> See the pkg-config man page for more details.

Yes, it doesn't look like pkg-config is finding the bullet package.

Could you post the output of this command?
> pkg-config --print-errors --modversion bullet
The output should be 2.75 when it works, but it might tell you what is
wrong.

I think there should be a /usr/lib/pkgconfig/bullet.pc if you installed
bullet with a package manager, with contents something like this:

> prefix=/usr
> exec_prefix=${prefix}
> libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib
> includedir=${prefix}/include
>
> Name: bullet
> Requires:
> Version: 2.75
> Libs: -L${libdir} -lbulletdynamics -lbulletcollision -lbulletmath
> Cflags: -I${includedir}/bullet

This is mine but with the /local removed from the prefix line, since I
compiled bullet from source.

-James