Potential racer model

qub...@googlemail.com

Jan 27, 2010, 3:04:47 PM1/27/10
to Racer Development
http://opengameart.org/content/space-ship-3d2d looks great. An
individual texture painted on it would make it fit the current style a
bit more. It has 318 faces and game-usable that way.

James Legg

Jan 27, 2010, 6:55:41 PM1/27/10
to race...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, 2010-01-27 at 12:04 -0800, qub...@gmail.com wrote:
> http://opengameart.org/content/space-ship-3d2d looks great.

Good find!

> An individual texture painted on it would make it fit the current
> style a bit more.

I should also adjust the size of the fins, especially the one on the
top. The fins make its proportions quite odd compared to the existing
cars: see the attached screenshot.

-James

Screenshot.jpeg

qub...@googlemail.com

Jan 29, 2010, 9:16:47 AM1/29/10
to Racer Development
Great to see you testing it :) and I agree with your conclusion.

On 28 Jan, 00:55, James Legg <lankyle...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-01-27 at 12:04 -0800, qubo...@gmail.com wrote:
> >http://opengameart.org/content/space-ship-3d2dlooks great.

> Good find!
>
> > An individual texture painted on it would make it fit the current
> > style a bit more.
>
> I should also adjust the size of the fins, especially the one on the
> top. The fins make its proportions quite odd compared to the existing
> cars: see the attached screenshot.
>
> -James
>

>  Screenshot.jpeg
> 25KViewDownload

qub...@googlemail.com

Mar 28, 2010, 2:23:27 PM3/28/10
to Racer Development
Another model, a futuristic race car with a somewhat noisy texture was
submitted to OGA. <http://opengameart.org/content/futuristic-race-car>

Svenskmand

Apr 5, 2010, 12:56:21 PM4/5/10
to Racer Development
It would be cool, if you could build racers like you can in Spore :),
it think that they look of the cars you can build in Spore would fit
nicely with you project :)