Native MQTT incoming messages interceptor

Vadim Ripatti

Dec 4, 2023, 7:21:50 AM12/4/23
to rabbitmq-users
Hello,

I have a question regarding the changes described in the commit: https://github.com/rabbitmq/rabbitmq-server/commit/044f6e3bac20af1a2f6391ba0c670a8b704f0e31.

We have a plugin that implements rabbit_channel_interceptor and puts the certificates' CN in the AMQP message header when sending a message from MQTT publisher. As described in the commit above, our plugin broke with Native MQTT. Can you advise any way we can now achieve the goal of extending the message with the CN from the certificate or alternative with the MQTT ClientId? We use this information to check the messages integrity (ensure that the message is sent by the right client) and unfortunatelly don't have control over clients' code. Maybe there is any way to add the incoming_message_interceptors like you did it for timestamp and routing_node?

Thanks for any help.

David Ansari

Dec 5, 2023, 5:00:11 AM12/5/23
to rabbitmq-users
I created two issues that will help with your use case:

The idea is to provide similar hooks for other native protocols.

Vadim Ripatti

Dec 7, 2023, 8:47:53 AM12/7/23
to rabbitmq-users
Thank you very much! Looking forward to try it out!