Regarding classic queue mirroring

ollie 32

May 27, 2024, 12:38:35 AMMay 27
to rabbitmq-users
Hi team.

I know that RabbitMQ community is planning to exclude mirroring feature of classic queue in the future versions. However, I have a simple question regarding this.

Reading the documentation, I found two seemingly conflicting lines.

> All operations for a given queue are first applied on the queue's leader node and then propagated to mirrors. This involves enqueueing publishes, delivering messages to consumers, tracking acknowledgements from consumers and so on.

> All actions other than publishes go only to the leader, and the leader then broadcasts the effect of the actions to the mirrors.

Seems publishing is somewhat different with other operations. Does it mean it is possible to publish message to mirrored queue, and then propagate the effect to leader queue?

Any clarification on this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.